What is In Your Favorite Lip Balm?
Commercial lip balms are crammed with synthetic chemicals that give them their nice colors, their sweet smells and their temporary moisturizing properties. But they’re really nothing special. You could really make your own natural lip balm that’s a lot healthier.
You Only Need Four Ingredients For This Homemade Lip Balm Recipe!
Half an Ounce of Beeswax
This yellow slab of goodness is known for its soothing and softening properties. What’s even greater about this honeycomb product is the protective barrier it forms on your lips to prevent dryness.
One Half to One Tablespoon of Raw Honey
You can thank the bees for this ingredient too. Honey also retains moisture thanks to its humectant properties, and it adds a nice flavoring to your homemade lip balm. Yum.
Two to Three Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is edible, so licking your lips won’t send drops of synthetic chemicals down your throat. Coconut oil is also rich in fatty acids, which keep your skin moisturized and have antioxidant properties that protect against lip damage.
One to One and a Half Teaspoons of Castor Oil
If you like a little gloss, castor oil is a natural ingredient that will give your lips a soft, glossy shine.
Other Things You’ll Need
Microwave or double-boiler
Grater or peeler
A mixing utensil of some sort
A mixing bowl
Sterilized lip balm containers or tubes
1. Grate or peel the beeswax. Transfer it to your mixing bowl.
2. Add coconut oil and castor oil to bowl.
3. Melt your mixture in a microwave or double-boiler.
4. Add honey.
5. Stir your mixture well and transfer it to your containers before the mixture hardens.
6. Store your lip balms in a cool, dry place and enjoy crack free lips for months! For more tips, visit Top 10 Home Remedies.