Shorter, high-intensity workouts like HIIT and circuit training are proven to burn more fat and to increase fitness levels. So to get the full benefits of a cardio circuit, complete each exercise back to back with no resting between. At the end, take a quick breather for 30 seconds, and repeat the circuit. In just 10 minutes, this wall workout will sculpt your glutes, thighs, abs, shoulders, and arms while getting your heart rate up to give you a quick cardio blast. If you have extra time and want to kick it up a notch, this circuit can be repeated up to 5 times.
10-Minute HIIT Wall Workout
- Repeat circuit 1X
- 30 seconds rest between rounds
Wall Sit | 60 sec
- Stand with your back against the wall and feet hip-width distance apart.
- Walk your feet out about a foot and a half. Keeping your back on the wall, slide down into a squat position. Make sure you keep a 90-degree bend in the knees, with the knees stacked above the ankles.
- Bend your elbows and place your hands behind your head. Keep your belly engaged and your torso upright. Hold this position for one minute.
Tip: Make sure to keep the core engaged and to keep the knees in line with the toes for the entire minute. If you have light dumbbells handy, you can hold them in each hand to make this exercise even more challenging.
Leg Curls | 15 reps
- Kneel down on your hands and knees, facing away from the wall. Place both of your feet against the bottom of the wall so that your toes are still touching the ground.
- Keeping your hands on the floor, walk them slightly wider than shoulder-width distance. Bend your elbow to bring your upper body into a pushup position.Then, with your hands on the floor, bend your elbows, landing your upper body in a push-up position.
- On an exhale, use the strength of your upper body to push the ground away, using your hamstrings and core to pull you upright, lifting your upper body.
- Keep your shoulders in line with your hips as you use your hamstrings and core to slowly drop back into the starting position, catching yourself back in that push-up position.
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
Booty Bridge | 15 reps per side
- Lie face up on a mat or towel, bend your right knee at a 90-degree angle, and place your foot on the wall.
- Extend your left leg straight towards the ceiling and place your hands down alongside the body, with your palms pressing into the mat.
- Take a deep breath in and as you exhale, press down through your hands and lift your hips high, reaching your left foot up towards the ceiling.
- Pause for a moment to contract your glutes, then inhale and lower your hips back down to the starting position. Continue to lift your hips up and down for 15 reps. Switch sides.
Tricep Push-ups | 15 reps
- Place your hands and forearms on the wall a few inches lower than shoulder height. Forearms should be parallel to one another.
- Walk your feet away from the wall until your body forms a straight line. On an exhale, press through both hands to lift your forearms off the wall and to straighten your arms.
- Inhale to slowly lower yourself back to down to your forearms. Make sure to keep your abs and glutes engaged the entire time to keep from hinging at the hips as you press up and down. Repeat for 15 reps.
Tip: To modify this exercise, walk the hands higher up the wall. To make it more challenging, lower your hand position closer to the floor and walk your feet back.
Mountain Climbers | 60 sec
- Start in a high plank position with your feet at the base of the wall.
- Begin to walk your feet up the wall until they are in line with your shoulders. Draw the right knee in towards your chest as you keep your left foot pressing firmly into the wall.
- Pause for a second to draw your belly up and in, and then place the right foot back on the wall.
- Pressing your right foot firmly into the wall, begin to draw the left knee into your chest. Pause for a second to draw the belly up and in and then place the left foot back on the wall. Continue alternating for 60 seconds.
Tip: Make sure to keep the shoulders stacked over the wrists. If you begin to feel low back strain, modify by walking your feet back down the wall and keeping your toes on the floor.
Remember to keep each exercise nice and controlled, and complete each exercise back to back for maximum cardiovascular effort. After you finish the entire circuit, take a short water break for 30 seconds, then repeat whole circuit one more time for a 10-minute wall workout.
This article is shared with permission from our friends at Paleohacks.
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!