Want an effective way to burn your belly fat? Try yoga! Yoga has been around for ages. But it’s only recently gained the popularity that it has. From yoga mats to yoga pants, nearly everyone seems to want a piece of this trend. But what’s with all the hype?
While walking around sporting a pair of Lululemon’s may be fashionable, research has also found yoga to be extremely beneficial to our health.
Why Should You Do Yoga?
There are numerous benefits to practising yoga. Apart from the social aspect of how the yoga community tends to bring people together – at gyms, parks, and even shopping malls – the health benefits, in particular are endless.
Benefits for the brain
Making yoga a regular part of your routine has been found to have positive effects on the brain [1, 2]. Here are some:
- Helps you focus and improves cognitive function
- Helps you manage stress
- Creates mental clarity and brings calmness
- Sharpens your concentration
- Increases serotonin levels, relieving depression and making you happier
- Gives you peace of mind, helping you to let go of negative emotions include anger, fear, regret and frustration
Benefits for the body
In addition to helping you clear your mind, yoga has an even greater impact on your body [1, 2].
- Improves breathing and circulation
- Increases flexibility
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Improves balance, protecting you from injury
- Improves posture, preventing back, neck and other joint problems
- Improves bone health, helping to ward off osteoporosis
- Drains your lymphs and boosts immunity
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers blood sugar
- Improves sleep quality
Not only is yoga great for the mind and your bodily functions, practising yoga also aids with weight loss and is a great way to burn fat. Various yoga poses strengthen the muscles, which in turn allows your body to burn calories – even while you’re sitting. Additionally, yoga helps lower cortisol and relieves stress which would otherwise lead to fat storage.
If you’re new to yoga, Yoga Burn is a great place to start.
What is Yoga Burn?
Yoga Burn is total body workout. This program is designed to help women lose weight in a completely natural way without the use of pills or powders.
In this DVD (or digital copy), Zoe Bray-Cotton teaches you a variety of yoga moves in a fun new way. Unlike traditional yoga programs that make you do countless repetitions of the same movement, Zoe switches up the exercises by mixing stretching with strength training so that you’re never bored and your muscles are never sore.
How does it work?
This yoga program is extremely easy to follow and is divided into 15-minute videos that provide you with tips on how to achieve the basics of every pose and carry out each movement with the proper techniques. This is important as you could practise yoga over a long period time but still not see any results. When it comes to any type of exercise, employing the right techniques is key to seeing changes in your body.
Moreover, this program works in a progressive manner, challenging your body a little bit more every time to prevent you from plateauing. Click here to learn more.
How do I order?
To purchase your copy of Yoga Burn, follow this link and scroll down to where it says, “Add to Cart!”. You’ll be given two choices: You can either get a digital download plus a DVD or you can choose the package that includes a digital download plus 2 DVDs.
While you wait for your order to arrive, why not try some of the poses below to help get you into fat-burning mode.
10 Yoga Moves to Put Your Body in Fat-Burning Mode
Here are some simple poses for you to try while you wait. Just remember to check out Zoe Bray-Cotton’s instructions on Yoga Burn to make sure that you’re performing each movement properly to reap the maximum benefits.
1. Tree pose
To get into tree pose, start by standing up straight with your arms at your sides and looking directly ahead of you. Shift your weight slightly onto your left foot and bring your right foot up to your left thigh. Rest your right foot against the inside of your left thigh. Bring your arms straight up above you and make your palms touch, holding them in a praying position. Hold this position for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then repeat with your weight on the other leg .
2. Downward facing dog
Start by getting onto all fours with your hands in line with your shoulders. Move your hands a few inches ahead of you and spread your fingers. Push off your mat with your hands and feet and bring your hips toward the ceiling. Your body should be an inverted V shape. Make sure your feet are hip-width apart and keep your knees slightly bent. Hold this position for 3 full breaths .
3. Upward facing dog
Get into plank position with your palms faced down. Press down on the mat with your hands to straighten your arms as you lower your pelvis and thighs. Place the tops of your feet on the mat. Arch your back and look up keeping your arms and legs straight. Make sure your knees aren’t touching the mat .
4. Garland pose
This pose stretches the ankles, pelvic area and back. It also tones the stomach.
For this pose, start by squatting with your feet as close together as possible. Spread your thighs so that they’re slightly wider than your torso. Bring your torso forward as you exhale and fit it snugly between your thighs. Place your palms against each other and press your elbows against the insides of your knees. Hold the position for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then inhale, straighten the knees, and stand into a forward bend .
5. Chair pose
Start by standing up straight with your feet forward and hip-distance apart. As you breathe deeply, raise both arm straight up over your heat. Push your shoulders down and bend your knees as though you’re about to sit on a chair. Go only as low as you feel comfortable. Keep your back straight and hold this pose for 6 to 8 breaths as you breathe deeply. Go back to the standing position and repeat .
6. Warrior I
For this pose, begin in the downward facing dog position that is shown above. Then step your right foot forward between your hands. Keep your right foot closer to your right hand so that it is not directly in front of your left foot. Bring your torso up, lift up your arms and press your palms together. Draw your shoulder blades down towards your hips and gaze up toward your hands. Hold for five breaths. Come back down to downward dog, step your left foot forward and do Warrior 1 on the other side .
7. Warrior II
Stand with your legs 3 to 4 feet apart, turning right foot out 90 degrees and left foot in slightly. Bring your hands to your hips and relax your shoulders. Then, extend your arms out to the sides with your palms facing down. Bend your right knee 90 degrees. Make sure your knee is over your ankle; gaze out over your right hand. Hold this position for 1 minute. Switch sides and repeat .
8. Half-boat pose
Sit straight and bend your legs. Press your hands against the floor behind your back and lift your legs so that your shins are parallel to the floor. Keep your knees slightly bent. Balancing on your pelvic bones, extend your arms in front of you. You should feel it in your core. Try to keep your back straight .
9. Triangle pose
Stand with your feet 3 feet apart. Turn your left foot out 90 degrees and your right foot in 45 degrees. Extend your arms out to the sides and bend over your left knee. Touch your mat with your left hand and raise your stretch your right arm straight above you so that your fingertips are pointing towards the ceiling. Life your face so that you’re looking at the ceiling and hold for 5 breaths. Stand back up and repeat on other side .
10. Half moon pose
Begin by standing up straight. Raise both arms by your sides. Then clasp your hands together over your head, stretching your index fingers up. Bend your torso to the right, keeping your arms straight and stretching to the side. Repeat with the other side .
You might also like:
- 8 Easy Yoga Poses to Relieve Sciatica Pain
- Improve Your Metabolism with These 6 Yoga Poses
- These 4 Yoga Poses Helped this Woman Lose 60 lbs.
1. McCall, T. (2007, August 8). 38 Health Benefits of Yoga. Retrieved August 28, 2016 from http://www.yogajournal.com/article/health/count-yoga-38-ways-yoga-keeps-fit/
2. American Osteopathic Association. (n.d.). The Benefits of Yoga. Retrieved August 28, 2016 from http://www.osteopathic.org/osteopathic-health/about-your-health/health-conditions-library/general-health/Pages/yoga.aspx
3. Nelson, J. (n.d.). Tree Pose. Retrieved August 28, 2016 from http://www.yogajournal.com/pose/tree-pose/
4. Irvine, S. (2016, April 2). 4 easy yoga poses to do at home in 15 minutes. Retrieved August 27, 2016 from http://www.todaysparent.com/family/family-health/easy-yoga-poses-15-minutes/
5. Sugar, J. (2009, January 17). Strike a Yoga Pose: Warrior 1. Retrieved August 27, 2016 from http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/How-Do-Warrior-1-Pose-2671062
6. Fitness Magazine. (n.d.). Yoga Poses for Beginners. Retrieved August 27, 2016 from http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/yoga/poses/beginner-yoga-poses/?page=12
7. Yoga Journal. (n.d.) Garland Pose: Step-by-step Instructions. Retrieved August 27, 2016 from http://www.yogajournal.com/pose/garland-pose/
8. Yoga.com. (n.d.). Half-boat Pose. Retrieved August 27, 2016 from https://yoga.com/pose/half-boat-pose
9. Yoga. com. (n.d.). Half moon pose right. Retrieved August 27, 2016 from https://yoga.com/pose/half-moon-pose-right
10. Yoga.com. (n.d.). Upward facing dog. Retrieved August 27, 2016 from https://yoga.com/pose/upward-facing-dog
A quick note from our founders
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…