Love pasta? Hate the fact that it’s not healthy?
Tired of eating whole-wheat pasta when it just feels wrong? Want a healthy alternative?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of those questions, I am pleased to introduce to you spaghetti squash.
Why spaghetti squash? There are some seriously amazing health benefits:
- It aids in weight loss. A cup contains 42 calories and only 10 grams of carbs.
- Antioxidants Yum. And loads of vitamin A and vitamin C, and the B vitamins riboflavin, niacin, and thiamin, which promote optimal cellular function.
- Prevents birth defects Folate (folic acid) helps promote healthy fetal tissues.
- Promotes Heart Health Loads of potassium is good for your heart health. Potassium lowers your blood pressure and the folic acid helps strengthen artery walls.
- Anti-Inflammatory Containing Omega-3s and Omega-6 fatty acids, spaghetti squash can help arthritis and help prevent cancer. Omega-6s also promote healthy brain function.
So, now that we’ve established why you need spaghetti squash in your life for health reasons, I feel obligated to tell why you should have it in your life for delicious reasons.
Note: some of these recipes contain cheese or other dairy products, feel free to substitute this for the closest non-dairy alternative.
I am not a fan of casserole. Never have been. It leaves me feeling… ‘blah’ for lack of a better word. But this is light and tasty and everything you could want from a casserole – comfort food-y, but without increasing your waistline.
For the ‘more spice for a better life’ person in your world. Or just for you. I make this for me. Because I love hot food.
Perfect low-carb replacement for pad Thai. Okay, so you don’t make it with tamarind sauce, but it’s soooo good and a perfect summer dish.
A quick note from our founders
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…