Summer is around the corner, and you know what that means…backyard get-togethers! The stress of making your backyard look presentable can be tough if you don’t know where to start but no need to worry: these fun backyard ideas will help you get your backyard looking more fun and inviting to all your guests, earning you nonstop compliments.
A lot of these do it yourself backyard projects involve heavy lifting and using power tools, so always ask for an extra hand when you need it and be weary of your surroundings, but most of all, have fun!
21 DIY Backyard Ideas
- Add an outdoor sofa and throw pillows to your backyard/patio
- Incorporate a hammock between your trees to add a zen feeling to your backyard
- Hang string lights on trees, fences or a gazebo, basically, anywhere you can think of
- Plant colorful plants and flowers to your backyard garden to add a pop of color
- For a more whimsical look, paint your fence in fun spring and summer colors.
- Build a pergola in your backyard- check out this article on how to build a pergola yourself and save thousands of dollars
- Build a fire pit on a budget- read this article to find out how to make different kinds of fire pits to suit the needs of your backyard.
- Build a bench around your tree- this one can be a little tricky so ask a friend for help. For the instructions on how to build one, read this article.
Create a no-dig border
Build an outdoor movie screen for fun outdoor movie nights with your kids and their friends
Create fairy glow jars to add some light to those warm summer nights
Create your own concrete walkway to add style and finesse to your whole backyard.
Build a modern outdoor bench for your backyard potlucks
For a modern look, build this outdoor gas fireplace
Build a zipline and become the neighborhood hub for all things fun!
For a more rustic look, try this DIY solar light craft
- Storage is always essential, so why not make your outdoor storage space efficient and trendy, try this DIY outdoor storage box.
- Ready for a more difficult project? Why not try building this beautiful patio waterfall. It’ll make those relaxing summer nights even more relaxing!
Save your money and try this DIY outdoor coffee table
Try this DIY hanging rain gutter garden for an instant pop of color
To add a more artistic and unique look to your backyard, try these cool terracotta garden art
These backyard projects can be altered to fit your unique backyard needs and preferences, whether you love a splash of color or like to keep things uniform, whether your backyard is massive or modest. If you have any questions or concerns, consult a professional before beginning any big project. Happy building!
Brick Fire Pit On Budget. (2016, July 18). Retrieved April 26, 2017, from http://www.dreamgarden101.com/brick-fire-pit-on-budget/
How to Build a Tree Bench. (2017, April 11). Retrieved April 26, 2017, from https://www.thisoldhouse.com/how-to/how-to-build-tree-bench
Woodard, K. (2015, June 18). DIY Outdoor Storage Benches. Retrieved April 26, 2017, from http://www.thegardenglove.com/diy-outdoor-storage-benches/
Blackburn, M. (1970, January 01). DIY Patio Water Wall. Retrieved April 26, 2017, from http://www.interiorfrugalista.com/2014/08/diy-patio-water-wall.html?m=1
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!