Nowadays, anyone with an Wi-Fi connection has the world at their fingertips. Literally. Thanks to Google and other sites like it, you can know basically everything in and about our world. But, in reality, there are still countless mysteries in the world that are still unsolved. But that said, countless mind-blowing facts about the world also exist! So, we’ve compiled 39 worldly facts that are sure to make even the most intelligent and knowledgeable person wide-eyed and surprised – and here they are!
39 Facts About the World That Will Surprise Even the Most Intelligent Person
- A strawberry is not a berry, but a banana is a berry
- The average chocolate bar contains eight insect pieces
- There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand in the world
- Humans completely replace their outer skin every month
- Mosquitoes have killed more humans than all wars in history
- You’re twice as likely to get killed by a vending machine than a shark
- For every human on earth, there is 1.6 million ants
- France was still executing people by guillotine up until 1977
- The word ‘set’ has the most number of definitions (464) in the English language
- In an average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator
- The jaw is the most commonly used joint in the human body
- Starfish are not fish (they’re sea urchins) and killer whales are not whales (they’re dolphins)
- Speaking of dolphins, they can actually call each other by name
- One piece of space junk returns to earth every day
- The naked mole rat is immune to cancer and can live with almost no oxygen
- Due to gravity, the theoretical maximum height of a tree is 130 meters
- The mouth of a blue whale can hold its own bodyweight in water
- An average adult contains 7 quintillion joules of potential energy (or, 30 hydrogen bombs)
- The technology in one Gameboy exceeds all the computing power used to put man on the moon
- 99% of the earth’s gold is located in its core
- Getting struck by lightening heats skin up to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit
- Honey is the only food that does not spoil
- The Hawaiian alphabet only has twelve letters (A, E, I, O, U, H, K, L, M, N, P, and W)
- The lighter was invented ten years earlier than the match
- The strongest muscle in the human body (proportional to its size) is the tongue
- Whips make a cracking sound because the tip actually moves faster than the speed of sound, creating a small sonic boom
- Charles Darwin was the first person who had the idea to attach wheels to his office chair to move around more quickly
- To tell a real diamond from a fake one, breathe on it; fake ones will fog up while real ones will stay clear
- The 3 most sold products in human history are the iPhone, Harry Potter books, and Rubik’s Cube
- A cockroach can live a few weeks without its head, before eventually dying of hunger.
- Besides the 5 senses, you also have proprioception, awareness of the position of your body parts
- The Spanish word ‘esposas’ means both ‘handcuffs’ and ‘wives’
- When you gain or lose weight, your fat cells don’t disappear — they simply change in size
- 99% of the microbes that live inside humans are unknown to science
- Paper cuts are more painful than regular cuts because such a wound almost never bleeds; instead, nerve endings stay open to the air which irritates them
- If you wanted to burn 1 calorie by clicking on a mouse, you would need to click a mouse button 10 million times
- If you make ice cubes with tap water, they will be white; if you use boiled water, they will be transparent
- It takes such little electricity to charge your phone that if you calculated the yearly cost of it, it would be less than $1
- Animals avoid power lines because they are scared of ultraviolet flashes invisible to the human eye
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
As much as we think we know about this world, there’s still a beautiful mystery to it! These surprising facts just help prove that there’s so much more to explore.
If you enjoyed and even gleaned something new from these amazing facts, you will love this one: 100-year-old life hacks that are surprisingly useful today. They’re ingenious!
 L. (2013, October 08). 25 Mind Boggling Facts About Our World. Retrieved December 21, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C07i4uvBn-4
 30 Facts About the World That Will Surprise Even the Most Intelligent People. (2017, December 14). Retrieved December 21, 2017, from https://brightside.me/wonder-curiosities/30-facts-about-the-world-that-will-surprise-even-the-most-intelligent-people-415360/
 M. (2013, December 14). 50 AMAZING Facts to Blow Your Mind! #1. Retrieved December 21, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnc2fG3sQqE
 Top 10 Most Amazing Facts. (2016, July 13). Retrieved December 21, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x7A9JFnq9E
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!