It’s understandable to be wary of eggs. Scientists, doctors, almost everyone have gone back and forth. They’ve gone from ‘Eggs are bad for you, don’t eat them!’, to ‘Eat just the whites’, to ‘Eat it all!’ It’s enough to make your head spin. Truth is, eggs can be part of a healthy diet, just like chocolate and red wine. It’s all about moderation and how you eat them.
5 Reasons You Should Be Eating Eggs
1. Strengthens Bones – Many people think that the best thing for your bones is calcium, so they’ll drink glasses and glasses of milk. Besides the fact that most conventional milk is really not great for you, all that calcium will go to waste without the proper amount of vitamin D !
Vitamin D is essential for the absorption of calcium, and luckily egg yolks are a great source. If you’re worried about where to get you calcium from, try adding some kale to your breakfast omelette, or spread some almond butter on your favorite gluten-free toast .
2. Improves Hair and Nail Strength – Vitamin D is also very good for the growth of nails and hair. A 2012 study published in the Stem Cells Traditional Medicine journal suggests that the vitamin can help create new follicles – the tiny pores that hair grows from . Researchers from Harvard also found that vitamin D can ‘wake up’ follicles that are dormant, possibly reversing balding .
Not only is vitamin D great for your hair, it also supports the health of your nails. Keep your nails strong and free from cracking, peeling, and brittleness by making sure you get the right levels of vitamin D daily.
Furthermore, the amino acids, iron, and zinc found in eggs also contribute to healthy nails and hair.
3. Food for Thought – Two important macronutrients found in eggs are choline and folate. Choline is vital in forming tissue within the nervous system which plays a part in brain development and growth. It’s believed that choline can improve signaling capacity of nerves, support their structural integrity, and protect vital neuronal membranes .
Folate is also beneficial as it helps the body make new cells, specifically by playing a role in copying and synthesizing DNA .
4. Weight Issues – Eggs are great for helping lose weight, when included in a healthy diet. A study done in 2008 found that obese subjects lost more weight when they ate a breakfast of two eggs instead of bagels (both paired with a calorie-reduced diet), even though each group’s breakfast contained the same amount of calories .
Eggs are packed full of protein, which helps keep you satiated and help fight off any unnecessary, and potentially unhealthy, grazing in between meals.
5. Helps Eyesight – Egg yolks are also high in lutein, a type of carotenoid that helps fight macular degeneration, which is the leading cause of legal blindness . You can also get lutein from green, leafy vegetables but scientists say that the body is better able to absorb lutein from eggs than vegetables.
For the full article, visit Health Digezt.
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily: