Another year, another cold and flu season that’s upon us. We all dread it happening, but most of us will probably experience this at some point this year. Wouldn’t it be great if you could deal with it less?
Good thing that Mother Nature is looking out, because garlic can do more than just give you bad breath! We’ve known and used its healing properties for thousands of years, since the Ancient Egyptians, and it can actually help you get over your cold and flu much faster.
Benefits of Garlic
Aside from being tasty, garlic is packed full of antioxidants that can help halt viruses. This is due to the chemical allicin which is released when garlic is freshly chopped. It’s also responsible for its aroma and of course the smell of ‘garlic breath’.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Allicin has been known to lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, prevent blood clots, and improve blood flow. Garlic as a whole has been used for centuries for its antiviral, antibacterial and even anticancer properties. It was originally used to treat wounds as well.
With regards to your cold, increasing your garlic intake can cut the duration of symptoms by at least a day. It can also reduce the severity of them.
Nutrition scientists at the University of Florida also found that eating garlic can boost your T-cell count in the bloodstream. More T-cells mean a stronger immune system, which means your body can fight off viruses much easier. So here’s a soup that can do just that!
Ginger Garlic Soup Recipe
What you need (serves 4)
- 26 organic garlic cloves (peeled and unpeeled each)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (¼ stick) organic butter (grass fed)
- ½ tsp. cayenne powder
- ½ cup fresh ginger
- 2 and ¼ cups sliced onions
- 1 and ½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 and ½ cups organic vegetable broth
- 4 lemon wedges
What to do
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Place 26 garlic cloves in a small glass dish
- Add 2 tbsp. of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, toss to coat
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes until garlic is golden brown
- Let it cool then squeeze garlic between fingers to release the cloves into a small bowl
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat
- Add onions, thyme, ginger and cayenne powder. Cook for 6 minutes until onions are translucent
- Add roasted garlic and 26 raw garlic cloves and cook for 3 minutes
- Add vegetable broth, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until garlic is tender
- Puree soup in a blender until smooth
- Return to a saucepan, add coconut milk and simmer
- Season with sea salt and pepper. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge into each bowl
- If there are leftovers, cover and refrigerate. Warm over medium heat
Don’t spend any longer in bed and feeling awful than you have to. Even if you aren’t sick, you’ve got a delicious soup with tons of health benefits, so try it out!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!