Everyone has experienced that crucial turning point in their lives. They wake up one day and suddenly realize, “I’m nowhere near where I thought I would be in life, and I don’t know how to get there”. While it’s true that there’s no ordered checklist to complete to build a successful life, and no 10-step program to follow, it’s not a good idea to allow yourself to stay stagnant for too long. There’s a key balance between giving yourself room to breathe, experiencing each moment as it comes and also giving
There’s a key balance between giving yourself room to breathe, experiencing each moment as it comes and also giving yourself the push you need to move forward. These important life truths are for the moments when you need a swift kick in the pants to get moving. Read them now and save them for a rainy day!
8 Brutal Truths to Live By
- “The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.” – Albert Einstein
Whenever you feel disappointed in the season of life you’re in, remember that the easiest way to make a change is not to demand a gift from life, but to be a gift to someone else! Use this wise principle whenever you feel stuck- you might be surprised at how quickly a change in perspective can improve your situation.
2. “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
Not everyone starts out with the same privileges, so you can’t judge a person by their current status. What really counts at the end of the day is how you play the cards you’re dealt. Remember this quote whenever you’re facing a new life challenge, and let it inspire you to find the lessons that will change you for the better.
3. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
– Henry Ford
The world is a massive place! Whenever you feel like you’ve plateaued in life, whether in your relationships, your job, your spirituality or your dreams, remember that there is still so much left to be discovered. Don’t be afraid to take risks and pursue new experiences- they often bring a fresh spark to the life you’ve grown bored of.
4. “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
Surprise! Life’s twists and turns are often unexpected. Between unexpected heart breaks and unexpected new discoveries, both the good and the bad can catch you off guard. Learning to bounce back from those surprises can help you find peace instead of loss, and help you to grow instead of plateau.
5. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future, it’s something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
You can’t plan to be happy tomorrow, you can’t change your happiness from the past; the only thing you can control is right now. This very moment. If you’re in a season of life that’s challenging you to find the silver linings, focus not on the big picture, but on each minute as it comes. Do what makes you happy, whether it’s enjoying a quiet cup of coffee to yourself in the morning or giving your kids a big squishy hug. These are the little moments of happiness that count in the end.
6. “My mission in life is not to merely survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humour and some style.” – Maya Angelou
If you feel stuck in a routine (get up, go to work, go to the gym, go to bed, get up, go to work…), this quote is for you. It can be tough to break out of a routine mentality while you’re still living out the routine, but the truth is, you don’t need to sell your house and move to a foreign country to fix the mundane feeling. Instead, bring new life into your everyday habits. Give a little extra love to your family when you leave the house, share some jokes with your coworkers, experiment with your wardrobe, try new things on the weekends, volunteer at local charities. “Regular” life can be beautiful!
7. “What we think, we become.” – Buddha
You are your greatest weakness and your greatest strength. You’re your greatest enemy and your biggest fan. When you allow negative self-talk, limitations, and doubt to get in the way of challenging yourself to new goals, you’re missing out on so much more than you know. It’s not that anyone can do anything, but if all you tell yourself is “no”, you won’t get very far.
8. “If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits, there are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” – Bruce Lee
As long as you are alive, you have a unique opportunity to grow and learn and become a better version of yourself every day. Whether that means taking your health seriously, spending more time with your parents, taking pride in your work, or trying new things, never think that you’ve reached the maximum of what you can accomplish or experience.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.