Adopting a philosophy of self-experimentation can make a tremendous difference in your life.
The only reason I was able to heal my body from sickness was by choosing to be open-minded and experiment with techniques that led me to reap incredible health. It’s not until we try a certain lifestyle or habit that we find out if it’s a good fit for us or not.
It’s through experimentation and intuition that we build a life we love, with all the health to live it fully. So retain that open-mindedness as I share with you a daily habit of mine that allows me to detox every night, without restrictions or extreme measures. As a bonus, it’s suitable for all diets and lifestyles.
Hearty Soul Edit: It can be helpful to first identify how in need of detox support your body is — you can take this quick quiz to find out:
Fast For 12 Hours Every Night
This kind of nightly fast cuts out the midnight munchies and fridge raids. It’s so easy it’s literally done in your sleep.
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
Activate Your Body’s Fat Burning Mode: Here’s How
- After completing your dinner, wait 12 hours before eating again.
- For example, that may be from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., 8:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m., and so on. Ta da!
- This fast does more than just curb late night eating and prevent weight gain.
- By fasting every night for 12 hours, your body will feel incredibly restored and rejuvenated.
- It takes approximately eight hours for your body to digest the meals from your day fully. Then another four hours for the magic to happen: after digestion, your body shifts into detox or “healing” mode.
- During this time your body removes dead cells, regenerates new ones, and uses up stored glucose for energy, which starts to burns off excess fat and aids the brain in stress-fighting.
Other Benefits Include
- Allowing your body to efficiently process the nutrients you have consumed throughout the day.
- Naturally processing and preparing toxins for release through sweat and urine the next day.
- Not consuming calories that you may not burn off before bedtime, often leading to weight loss
- Stabilizing your blood sugar levels because you’re not constantly eating and insulin isn’t constantly spiking and crashing.
- Balancing energy and mood levels
Those benefits are great, right? But the real reason why you should do a nightly 12 hour fast comes down to healing. Your body has so much it needs to do daily to keep you functioning at an optimal level. Fasting nightly for 12 hours gives your body a chance to take a well-deserved break from constantly digesting your food so it can naturally, easily, and effectively cleanse and heal.
Fasting every night for 12 hours will do your body an incredible amount of good, and have you waking up feeling rested and energized. It’s easy, most of the fasting (if not all of it) is done while you sleep, and you reap a bucketload of benefits.
Fasting every night for 12 hours is an excellent complement to any dietary plan you may be on, the lifestyle you live, or 21, 30-day challenge you may be participating in. It will boost your results and help you to not only see them but feel them as well.
Try it tonight, and see how you feel tomorrow.
This article was republished with permission from youngandraw.com.
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!