This article is shared with permission from our friends at newhealthadvisor.com.
There are different acupoints in your body that can be stimulated to get health benefits. Acupuncture is a method that involves stimulating those points with the help of hair-thin needles. Many people confuse acupuncture with acupressure, but acupressure is a different treatment method and involves applying pressure to stimulate acupoints.
Experts are of the view that acupuncture is more beneficial because it creates a stronger stimulation, and therefore a great chance for women trying to conceive. You just need to have information about acupuncture points for treating fertility to get started. Here is more about it.
Acupuncture Points for Fertility
Stimulate the following acupuncture points all month long if you are preparing for pregnancy, but do not stimulate these points when you are already pregnant.
On Front of the Body
1. Epang II: The point is located on your scalp, right above the hairline – you will find it on the outer side of your eyebrow. Stimulating this point will help decrease painful menstruation and make your menstrual cycle more regular.
2. Governing Vessel 26: Located between your upper lip and nose, stimulating this point will relieve stress and exhaustion. It also helps you deal with painful experiences or trauma such as a miscarriage.
3. Yintang: You can find this point right between your eyebrows and in the center of your face. Stimulating this point will help maintain hormonal balance and reduce anxiety.
4. Lv 14: You can find this point below the breast, about two ribs below the nipple. Stimulating this point will improve digestive and liver health. It also alleviates breast tenderness and PMS symptoms.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
5. Ren 14: You can find it about 6 inches above your belly button and 2 inches below the sternum. Stimulating this point will improve heart healthy and help you deal with anxiety, depression, worry, fears, and stress in a better way.
6. Ren 12: It is located right below Ren 14 and is associated with your stomach and spleen. Stimulating this point will ensure proper fluid balance and support cervical mucous production.
7. Ki 16: The next acupoint in the list of acupuncture points for fertility is located an inch on either side of your belly button. It stimulates the kidney and also improves immunological response, which helps prevent autoimmune related fertility issues.
8. Ren 6: You can find this point about one and a half inches below your belly button – find it midline on the lower abdomen. The point helps improve overall energy and vitality. You should stimulate the point If you feel exhausted all the time.
9. Zigong (Rn 3): The point is located about 3 inches away from the centerline of your body and 4 inches below the belly button. It is quite close to the ovaries. It helps promote healthy blood circulation to the ovaries and uterus. It also helps keep your menstrual cycle regular.
10. Ren 4: It is along the conception meridian and about 2 inches below the belly butt in the center of your body. Regular stimulation will help promote blood circulation to the uterus and prepares the uterus for implantation.
11. Ren 3: It is located 4 inches below your belly button, on the midline, and works great to regulate your menstrual cycle and strengthen your kidneys. It also improves implantation and reduces pelvic inflammation as well.
12. St 30: You can find this point a couple of inches from midline and 5 inches below your belly button. It is one of those acupuncture points for fertility that help regulate menstruation and improve function of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
On Back of the Body
1. UB44: Find it about 3 inches to either side of the fifth thoracic vertebra and stimulate it before going for IVF. It helps women who experience stress and painful menstruation. It may also stimulate uterine contractions and help strengthen the uterus.
2. UB 15: It is also located at the fifth thoracic vertebra about one and a half inches from the spine on the left and right side of the body. You should stimulate this point if you have hormonal issues and experience irregular menstrual cycles. It also promotes restful sleep and lowers effects of anxiety and mood swings.
3. UB 17: It is located just below UB 15 and helps promote blood circulation. It also offers relief from inflammatory conditions and prevents abnormal menstrual bleeding.
4. UB 23: You can find it close to the second thoracic vertebra about one and a half inches on both sides of the center of the spine. Stimulating this point prevents abnormal vaginal discharge, menstrual cramps, and irregular menstruation.
5. DU 4: This is another one of the acupuncture points for fertility and is midline on the spine and exactly at the second thoracic lumbar vertebra. It helps support the uterus and improves energy to the kidneys and reproductive organs.
6. UB31, UB32, and UB33: Located on the upper part of your buttocks, these three points help prevent lower back pain associated with infertility, menstrual cramps, and irregular menstrual cycles.
7. LI4: You can find it in the webbing between your thumb and forefinger. Stimulating this point promotes uterine contractions and improves blood circulation to the uterus. It strengthens the uterus and prevents menstrual cramps. But avoid stimulating it after ovulation.
8. GB30: You can find it right in the middle of the buttock, precisely in the dimple area. Pressing it may help relieve menstrual cramps and also reduce the feeling of frustration.
9. B60: It is precisely located between your Achilles tendon and inner anklebone. Pressing this point may help make labor easy. It also prevents painful menstruation. Avoid doing it during pregnancy though.
Keep in mind that it is usually safe to stimulate acupuncture points for fertility, but you should still pay attention to stimulating the right acupoints. Stimulating wrong acupuncture points may increase your risk of miscarriage, especially when done during pregnancy. It is, therefore, a good idea to consult with an expert acupuncturist who has experience treating fertility disorders.
Here is a great video to help you get clear idea about how to use different acupuncture points for dealing with fertility:
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!