Are you tired of regular old milk? Have you been looking for a healthy replacement? Well, chances are if you’ve been looking for a replacement for milk you have found almond milk. It started out great, people were buying into the fact that almond milk was healthy and contained enough protein to power you through their day.

After significant research we have since found out that a carton of almond milk contains very few almonds. In fact a carton contains 2% almonds, so what have they done with the remaining 98%?

The Almond Board of California has been quoted saying that the ingredient combinations for almond milk was relatively the same across the board. So, American’s have essentially been spending their money on almond milk that barely contains real almonds.

We’ve been lied to

They say each carton contains a handful of almonds. This means that when you want to enjoy a glass of almond milk, for beneficial purposes, you are not getting the proper protein you set out to get.

Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook

This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!

GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!

A study has shown that in order to get the proper protein from almond milk you would have to drink the whole carton. This is a pretty unfair portion to consume just to get the natural benefits of almond milk. What ever happened to the days when we weren’t constantly lied to about products like this?

Almond growers and processors were reluctant to leave a comment with the media regarding this issue. All they would say is that the recipe is fairly standardized across the board. This just goes to show that all that’s important is the money you have in your pocket. They don’t care if it improves your health.

The truth hurts

A normal serving of almonds contains 160 calories. A cup of almond milk contains about 30 calories. A serving of almonds has 14 grams of fat 6 grams of protein. A serving of almond milk contains 2.5 grams of fat and one gram of protein. So this just goes to show you that you are better off just eating a handful of almonds.

You are actually better off making your own almond milk, and there are plenty of online recipes to work with. Online recipes say that you should use a cup of almonds per gallon. Now this seems more legit than the 2% in your store bought, watered down, almond milk.

Now that the truth has been brought to the table, how do you feel about buying almond milk? Still feel like you’ve beaten the system and avoided the negative connotations regular milk has been given? The truth is that almond milk is just as big of a rip off as pretty much everything else you buy from your local grocery store.

Make your own almond milk

Your best bet is to make your own almond milk. Although that may not be an option for most people, it’s still better than paying too much for watered down “almond” milk. For those who feel strongly about the deep dark lie we’ve been fed, perhaps avoiding almond milk altogether will make you feel better.

Take this information and use it, as you will. All I ask is that you understand the lies you’ve been told. However, there are worse things in the world, but this was still something that must be recognized by the American public. The same public that supports the brands who seemingly don’t care about them.

To learn more about the contents of almond milk visit Business Insider.

 Image Source:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ahFWC_sfl_g/U6SbTVWGCvI/AAAAAAAAV18/zETUowj728Q/s1600/silk-almond-coconut-milk.jpg

 

A quick note from our founders


Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!


Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.

And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook

This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!

If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...

HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!

GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
The Hearty Soul
Health Network
We believe in using natural ingredients to be as healthy as possible. We believe dieting will never work as well as a lifestyle of healthy habits will. We believe you can treat pain and disease without relying on addictive drugs. We believe being happy is a big part of a healthy life.