The berries in California are coming in season and have been so beautiful lately…I mean just look at the vibrant color in those pictures! We have been fortunate enough lately to even find organic berries at our Costco! I love taking Asher down to the local Farmer’s market and letting him taste the sweetness of all of the berries and decide which bin to take home.
This recipe for a paleo chia pudding combines tart berries with a chocolate pudding, with creamy almond butter and bananas at the bottom. It is rich and decadent and you may only be able to eat one half of the jar and save the rest for later! I add just a few chopped almonds on top, but if you want more of a crunch, you could layer more almonds throughout and even some mini dark chocolate chips!
To make the prep easier, you can split the steps up and do a few ahead of time. Make the pudding the day before and let it chill in the fridge overnight. You could also cut up all the berries and bananas the night before or morning of and put a little lemon juice on the fruit so it doesn’t turn brown. Once made, these can also be kept in the refrigerator for three days, just place the berries on top before serving. I think these will be the perfect treat for your Memorial Day celebrations!
Layered Chia & Almond Pudding Parfait
Danielle Walker – AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 6 ounces pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup unsalted, natural almond butter
- 1 cup mixed berries of choice
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- Combine almond milk, dates, cacao powder, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt in a blender. Blend until very smooth, about two minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To assemble the parfaits: Divide the banana slices between six 8-ounce Mason jars or bowls. Spoon equal amounts of almond butter into the jars, then top with equal amounts of the chilled pudding. Top with berries and almonds and serve immediately or refrigerate covered for up to three days.
Nutritional data (per 1 serving)
This article was republished with permission from Againstallgrain.com.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.