Republished with permission from alexandrajamieson.com.
I haven’t posted a new recipe in a while…
And I’ve felt a bit guilty about it.
I have been sharing a lot of new mindset tools from positive psychology that have made a big difference in my own healing journey, as well as my clients.
But at home, for myself and my family, I’ve been making simple foods, using high-quality ingredients, and keeping things pretty easy.
I just haven’t been focused on new recipes for a while…
It wasn’t that I’d lost my love for cooking, I just didn’t feel like a new greens recipe was as important as sharing these new tools I found so inspirational.
And it felt strange for a while, and I was plagued with doubts:
- I’m a professionally trained healthy cook – why am I not excited about new recipes?
- I know people want new recipes to inspire healthier eating – why can’t I just keep creating them?
- Aren’t there already thousands of recipes online to choose from? Can I really add anything new?
- Am I going to confuse my readers if I post mindset tools and then put up a recipe every once in a while?
So I didn’t create anything new for months. Until now, as I got really excited by this delicious new way of making cauliflower, quickly, with a few ingredients.
My programs and clients all still get recipe and menu planning help, when that’s what they need.
But I see more and more that having new recipes isn’t enough to help you make the lasting changes you want in your body and life.
I want to help you think about food and your body in a new way, using proven strategies that help you feel peaceful, strong, joyful, and whole. That’s the power of positive psychology and my mindset makeover tools, like those I teach in the Vitality Mentorship.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
But I also love to eat, and I know you do too. I still cook every day, even if it’s whipping up a green + protein smoothie, tea, and a salad.
Well, I’ll be sharing new recipes when the inspiration strikes, rather than forcing myself to be a recipe hub.
Because as you probably know, forcing yourself to do things that you don’t feel totally juicy and excited about is a recipe for self-sabotage, frustration, and a loss of passion.
And I’ll continue to share nutrition + food tips because I know that our cravings and food habits stem from 4 roots causes: bacterial, nutritional, emotional, and physical.
So today, I’ve got a brand new way to whip up a family-pleasing cauliflower dish, filled with nutrition, that cooks up quicker than quinoa:
Cauliflower Rice Recipe:
This recipe provides a delicate sweetness of cooked cauliflower, onion, and red bell pepper, which is my strategy to help with nighttime sugar cravings. Adding sweet foods at dinner satisfies my sweet tooth. I also like the high fiber content, which your body uses to get rid of excess estrogen.
1. Start with 1 head of organic cauliflower, washed and patted dry. Cut out the core and chop into large chunks.
2. Place the chunks into a food processor fitted with an S-blade, and pulse 20-25 times, until cut into tiny pieces, but not mushy. You can also shred on a box grater.
3. Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil. Dice 1/2 a yellow onion and red bell pepper, and saute with 1 teaspoon of salt until the onions begin to brown.
4. Scoop the shredded cauliflower into the pan, and stir well. Cook for 5 minutes, adding another 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir well, and cover, turning heat to low, and cook for 5 minutes more.
5. Turn off the heat and allow to steam for 2 minutes before serving hot.
Share with your loved ones, and save the rest for leftovers – reheating is a snap! Just add to a pan with 2-3 tablespoons of water, stir, cover, and heat over medium for 5 minutes or until heated through.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!