This article was republished with permission from youngandraw.com.
Basil isn’t just for pasta sauce, pizza or curry. Thai basil is bolder, with a slightly more anise flavor than traditional sweet Italian basil you may already have growing in your windowsill.
Pick some up at a local farmer’s market or specialty market (the more purple leaves are a dead giveaway), and blend into your smoothie.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Basil Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 serving Vega One French Vanilla or Vega Protein & Greens Vanilla
- ½ cup frozen strawberries (if using fresh strawberries, add in a ½ cup of ice)
- 3 Thai basil leaves
- ¼ avocado
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup water
- Blend all ingredients together and enjoy.
Here are a few more delicious smoothies to try!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!