This awesome post was written by Alina Islam, a wonderful Certified Nutritional Practitioner from Toronto, Canada. She is a writer, speaker, and nutritional consultant. You can read more of her work at AlinaIslam.com or follow her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Anyone ever had an extreme snacking urge at work in the afternoon? Extreme as in “the-vending-machine-ate-my-money-and-I’m-choosing-to-kick-it-until-it-gives-me-my-potato-chips”?Let’s just say I’ve had my less than graceful moments in life.
But work can do that to you sometimes. The stress of back-to-back meetings, not stopping to breathe and feeling overwhelmed can leave you turning to a muffin like it’s going to make your PPT presentation for you. Psst, it won’t. It’ll make you happy for two minutes, then frustrated that you ate it and trigger more cravings later on.
So for those with a sweet tooth, here’s an alternate snack to keep at your desk. It’ll satisfy the sweet craving without making you feel worse right afterward. It has two ingredients, requires minimal prep, and a long cook time but you can just let the oven do it’s thang in the background while you watch a movie or do some other chores at home.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Baked Apple Chips
- 2-3 apples
- Cinnamon, as much as you’d like
- Pick out a really sharp chef’s knife, a blunt one just won’t work.
- Slice apples as thinly as possible (so that the core, or a hole, is in the middle of each circular slice).
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees F.
- Lay apple slices onto two baking sheets, leaving an even amount of space between each slice.
- Sprinkle with as much cinnamon as you’d like.
- Place trays in the oven. Let them bake for 1 hour.
- Flip over the apple slices, let bake for another hour.
- Pack and take to work. Enjoy!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood Cookbook: a 100+ page recipe book using the 7 most powerful superfoods available, to:
- Reduce Inflammation
- Boost Metabolism
- Curb Cravings and Lose Weight
For the first time, we're taking this book into print with a limited run of 100 copies.
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!