This article was republished with permission from mindbodygreen.com.
If you regularly take baths then you’re probably already aware of some great ingredients to add, like epsom salts for relaxation and easing sore muscles, or essential oils for relieving tension and anxiety. But when I found apple cider vinegar in this detox bath recipe I was very surprised. What a great idea! The rest of the ritual instructions are also worth a try to cleanse your body, mind and spirit!
Detoxing Bath Ritual
This ritual is not just for cleansing the body but also the mind and spirit. With clarity, we are able to receive the gifts the universe has to offer us.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup Bentonite clay
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 to 5 drops each of lavender, rosemary, and cinnamon essential oils
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- Green tea and dandelion tea infusion*
- Clear quartz crystal
- Citrine crystal
*To make an infusion, place a few bags of each tea into a large pot of water, bring to an almost-boil, turn off the heat, and let the tea bags steep for at least 1 hour.
Create a sacred space:
- Light some candles as you turn down/off the overhead lights. Burn a white sage wand and let the cleansing smoke permeate the space as you carefully wave it around yourself.
Perform the ritual:
- Combine all ingredients into a tub of hot water, then step into the bath and dunk your head underwater. Emerge your head from the water and hold the citrine crystal in your left hand, the quartz crystal in your right hand.
- Do three rounds of Rapid Fire Breath by taking 36 sharp, forceful inhales and exhales through the nose. Chant the cleansing sound of “AUM” at least three times, then dunk your head underwater again.
- With your head above water, create a big space by inhaling through the nose and focusing strongly on what you’re cleansing (for example, you can focus on the word “stress”). Then release with an exhale from the mouth, making a “shhh” sound, or even releasing a sigh.
- Soak in silence for a few minutes, allowing the body, mind, and spirit to release any toxic buildup.
- Though one Green Detox Bath Ritual may be sufficient for you, I recommend enjoying it once a week. Avoid the bath if you’re pregnant and skip the cinnamon essential oil if you have high blood pressure. If you don’t have a bath tub, this ritual can also work as a foot bath!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!