If you’ve run out of ways to eat eggs, you will want to try this recipe. It combines the staple breakfast food with other health-enhancing ingredients.
Placing some fresh slices of avocado on a warm piece of toast is a popular way to start one’s day. Avocados are high in fiber and vitamin K, which help your body maintain healthy bowel movements and contribute to bone health, respectively. Due to the fat content present in avocados, this fruit helps your body absorb essential nutrients better than foods that contain little to no fat, such as carrots and leafy greens. Adding avocado to your diet is also helpful for regulating your weight and blood sugar levels.
Eggs are a great source of protein and a good alternative to fatty meats. This tasty and versatile food offers you the following health benefits:
- Its protein content strengthens your muscles and keeps them working.
- Eggs contribute to brain health through its nutrient content, which boosts memory and allows for the healthy functioning of the nervous system.
- Supports your immune system.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Helps prevent macular degeneration.
- Keeps you feeling full longer, thus eggs are good for weight loss.
Coriander, otherwise known as cilantro, is a popular herb often used to garnish dishes. But it doesn’t just upgrade the presentation of a meal, it upgrades your health too.
Coriander helps reduce inflammation through its antirheumatic and antiarthritic properties. In addition, this herb has disinfectant, detoxifying, antiseptic, antifungal and antioxidant properties that treat skin disorders such as eczema, dryness and fungal infections.
Linoleic and oleic acid, which are found in coriander, help your body maintain good cholesterol levels by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol that is deposited into your veins and arteries. In turn, this helps reduce the risk heart attack and stroke.
This herb is also a rich source of iron, calcium and vitamin A. In order, these nutrients increase your energy levels, contribute to bone health and help you maintain healthy vision.
The following delicious recipe is from our friend at secretsquirrelfood.com and is used with permission.
Baked Avocado Eggs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp tomato salsa or hot sauce
- sea salt and pepper
- chopped fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Slice the avocados in half and carefully remove the pit.
3. Carefully scoop out a little of the extra avocado flesh with a spoon to make more room for the egg.
4. Put avocados open side up in a baking dish. Make sure the does not tilt over by resting it on the side of the dish.
5. Add a teaspoon of avocado salsa or hot sauce.
6. Crack one egg in each avocado half and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
7. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes (depending on the size egg and avocado) or until the the egg whites are set and the yolks are still a little runny.
8. Top with coriander and serve with warm toast. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, tomato salsa, hot sauce, if needed.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!