This fantastic guest post was written by Megan Kelly, a nutrition practitioner, licensed esthetician, and specialist of quantum hormonology. We encourage you to check out her website here!
Providing a healthy dessert for friends and family can be a daunting task. Fortunately, there are amazing options that both satisfy the taste buds and provide health to the body.
Traditional brownies usually contain inflammatory ingredients including flour, processed sugar, and pasteurized hormone filled dairy.
Brownies also spike your blood sugar which then spikes your cortisol(stress hormone) and insulin (fat storage) causing imbalanced hormones, weight gain, and mood issues.
These brownies are full of healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants. They contain the perfect fudgy texture that will leave even the pickiest of eaters surprised when they find out what it is made out of.
Benefits of Avocado Brownies
Avocados are one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. They are loaded with a combination of critical fatty acids, antioxidant phytonutrients and essential amino acids making them one of the best anti-aging superfoods to consume.
This amazing fruit is also very high in healthy oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat that helps increase fat metabolism. It is also rich in the powerful carotenoid antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin as well as Vitamin E (tocopherol).
Our newest fat-burning dessert recipe book just released and we’ve reserved a free digital copy for you! Click the button and simply let me know where you want us to email it and you’ll have it in your inbox today…Grab my free copy
These antioxidants decrease oxidative stress and allow for a healthier cellular environment. Other critical components include ionic potassium and folate. These elements are alkaline forming in the body, helping to buffer acidic wastes that accumulate within the human tissue and bloodstream.
Grain Free Avocado Brownie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
1/2 cup creamy nut butter (almond, cashew, tahini, etc)
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1/2 cup mashed avocado (about 1/2 an avocado)
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Grease a regular size loaf pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and transfer to the loaf pan.
- The batter will be very thick and sticky so with the back of a spoon- level out the batter across the pan as evenly as you can, edging it into the corners and smoothing the surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove and allow to cool to before slicing
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes