There’s a baby boom happening at the Maine Medical Center in Portland.
This hospital is welcoming an abundance of new babies – from its nurses!
Nine nurses in the same labor unit have announced their pregnancies, one after another. This team shared their baby boom on Social Media on March 25th, 2019. These nurses are all due around the same time, between April and July.
“An announcement of pregnancy became happier each time – We’re all there for each other,” says Erin Grenier, one of the nurses in the unit.
The women said they plan to be there for one another throughout their pregnancies, even supporting through their deliveries.
While this news is quite exciting, a major concern for this unit has been how they will manage after each of these moms goes on maternity leave. The hospital comments, “Don’t worry! We have a plan.”
It’s pretty special that this group of nurses has the support from one another. These women get to go to work and see co-workers who are just as pregnant, making this a positive experience for the group.
Many will be eagerly awaiting post-delivery photos.
- Nine nurses in the same labor unit are all due at the same time https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/25/health/nine-nurses-pregnant-same-trnd/index.html
- 9 nurses are pregnant at Maine hospital at the same time https://www.thedailystar.net/world/news/9-nurses-are-pregnant-maine-hospital-the-same-time-1721560
- ‘How’s This for a Baby Boom?’ 9 Nurses at a Maine Hospital are Pregnant at the Same Time! https://people.com/human-interest/nine-nurses-pregnant-maine-medical-center/
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes