Unless you are in the 1% of society, you have some problem fat areas on your body. For some, it’s the thigh fat. For others, it’s fat around your hips, legs, chin, or face.
For many folks, it is that extra fat found on your back, of all places. You do all of the right things from working out to eating the right foods but still can’t seem to eliminate that annoying flab on your back. If you’re like many of us, you are very self-conscious of this unwanted fat.
You seem to be able to lose weight in other spots, but not these troublesome places on your back.
At the risk of preaching to the choir, this fat bothers you in certain situations and actually can cause you to want to give up at times. Wearing strapless dresses and tops make you uncomfortable, to say the least. Your bathing suit is no longer your friend. For some of us, even something as mundane as your bra strap causes you to feel stressed out.
The answer to your back fat problem might be found in hiring a high-priced personal trainer or attending a class at your local gym to keep you accountable. These are all solutions, but they can cost time and money. That’s why I all my years of personal training, I decided to find a solution that my clients could use to get an even better solution.
The solution to your back fat can be as simple as a few exercises that you can do virtually anywhere. You won’t need any equipment to perform these exercises. And, best of all, it won’t cost you a single cent.
6 No-Equipment Exercises
Do these 6 no-equipment exercises daily for several weeks, and you’ll be amazed at the difference. Don’t be surprised when you look in the mirror and see a toned and sculpted back!
1. Prone Reverse Fly
Prone Reverse Fly is a no-equipment exercise that targets those small spots in your upper back.
- Start with face down while lying on the floor with your arms stretched out to the side and your face down.
- Slowly, raise your head and chest up off the ground.
- Make certain that the backs of your hands face towards the ceiling. Feel the tight squeeze between your shoulder blades. 
- Do three sets of fifteen.
“These exercises are great for targeting the entire upper back, strengthening, and improving your posture,” says Nedra Lopez, co-owner and head trainer of The Studio by Remorca Fitness in NYC.
The T-Y-I exercises are easily learned and performed. 
“T” Lie face down on the floor with your arms out to the sides, forming the letter “T.” With your palms facing down, slowly elevate your arms and squeeze your shoulder blades together and hold for a count of seven. Release your arms slowly. Do two sets of twenty.
“Y” From the same position on the floor, extend your arms above your head at an angle into a “Y” position. Keep your palms down and slowly elevate your arms, squeezing your shoulder blades together. Make sure your arms are straight. Release your arms slowly. Do two sets of twenty.
“I” Lastly, from the same position on the floor, extend your arms straight above your head into an “I” position. Lift your arms straight up, squeezing your shoulder blades together while pushing your shoulders down towards your lower back. Do two sets of twenty.
The Superman exercise will also tone your inner back without the use of any equipment.
- Lie face down on the floor with your arms stretched out over your head.
- Extend through your entire spine to lift your chest and knees up off the ground.
- Hold 3–5 seconds and return to starting position.
- Do three sets of ten.
4. Plank Drops
“This exercise is excellent for your posture, strengthening all the muscles responsible for keeping your back straight,” Lopez says.
Plank Drops are easy to do and will produce significant results in reducing your back flab.
- Start on your stomach in the plank position, resting on your forearms, with feet shoulder width apart.
- Slowly drop your chest to the floor, keeping your hips from moving. Squeeze your shoulder blades together as you drop.
- Hold for ten seconds.
- Do two sets of twenty.
5. The Bird-Dog
The Bird-Dog exercise will help get your back looking lean and mean without the need for any equipment. This exercise starts with you on all fours and a straightened back.
- Extend your right arm and your left leg, holding the position for several seconds.
- This exercise stretches the muscles in your shoulders and along your spine, bringing improved flexibility and blood flow to those isolated spots.
- The bird-dog exercise will improve your balance and stability, too.
6. Snow Angels
Snow Angels is an easy exercise that can be done just about anywhere with no equipment.
- Begin face down on the floor with your arms at your sides, palms down.
- Keep your head down and slowly raise your arms above your head, until your thumbs meet at twelve o’clock.
- Make sure that your feet are a few inches from the wall to help keep your back straight.
- Be sure to keep your arms straight. Slowly lower your arms back to your sides and repeat.
- Do three sets of ten.
As you can see, there are plenty of easy, affordable ways to attack that unwanted back flab. You don’t need to be an expert, and you don’t need to hire a personal coach. These exercises are designed to target those specific areas that bother you most.
Soon, your confidence will return. Your bra bulge will be eliminated, and you’ll be thrilled to wear your bathing suit or a strapless dress again. Just like the old days.
I hope you enjoyed this article. If you found the information useful, please share this with your friends, family members on Facebook!
 “Best At-Home Back Workout,.” [Online]. Available: http://tone-and-tighten.com/2014/05/best-at-home-back-workout-no-equipment-required.html/. [Accessed 2 January 2017].
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes