If it’s not a protein smoothie, make your first day of 2016 breakfast this delicious and nutritious dish. This recipe is an interesting twist on a classic Toad in the Hole. Just take a farm fresh egg, a beautiful acorn squash, add salt, pepper and fresh chives and viola, breakfast! Try baking the squash the night before to save time and you can enjoy this delicious meal any day of the week. It is packed full of protein and all the good stuff you need to get you day off on the right foot. Start the year strong and healthy!
Cuisine: Paleo, Primal
- 1 acorn squash (cut in half and deseeded)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh chives (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the squash face down on a baking sheet. Bake the squash in the oven for 25-35 minutes, until the squash becomes tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Place the squash halves face up on the baking sheet. Crack on egg into the hole in each half. Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the egg sets.
- Remove from the oven. Garnish with fresh chives and serve.
Original recipes at Ultimatepaleoguide.com.
This article was republished with permission from drfranklipman.com.
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!