You might already be aware of some of the health benefits of castor oil, such as relief from constipation or anti-inflammation. But when it’s combined with baking soda, it can actually be used to treat a variety of health problems pretty easily.
Before you start, you will need to make a compress for some of the treatments. It’s simple to make and only requires castor oil, plastic sheeting, clean gauze, hot water bottle and a towel. Here’s how to get started and what to use it for.
How to Make and Use a Compress
- Clean your skin with baking soda solution before and after using the compress
- Soak the gauze in heated castor oil
- Place it on the critical area, cover with foil and place a hot water bottle on it
- Wrap it in a towel and hold for one hour
- Rest while holding
Health Problems Treated
- Place on wounds, bruises, and cuts to help them heal faster
- Can help in healing injured wrists if you wrap it in castor oil overnight
- Relieves pain and itching from insect bites and stings
- Helps lower back pain when applied to the area once a week
- Bleach brown spots on your skin
- Early (animal) research shows castor oil has been found to be effective in treating skin cancer and melanoma (1). Currently, castor oil is commonly used to help deliver cancer treatments topically.
- Alleviates chronic diarrhea by applying to and covering the stomach
- Eliminate nail fungus by coating the affected areas every day
- Can help speed up the healing of Hepatitis C
- Effectively removes warts after four weeks
- Massage your head with the oil for 20 minutes before shampooing once a week and boost hair growth
- Massaging the belly with castor oil in the last two months of pregnancy prevents stretch marks
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
While it may not literally be a ‘miracle’ cure, castor oil and baking soda is still really effective. Add in the fact that it’s simple to make and use, and you have a useful addition to your medicine cabinet. Give it a try and let the results speak for themselves!
If you don’t have time to consistently make a compress, you can try this wearable acupressure from aculief which gives you consistent drug-free pain relief.
Yari, Abbas, Hamid Yeganeh, Hadi Bakhshi, and Reza Gharibi. “Preparation and Characterization of Novel Antibacterial Castor Oil-based Polyurethane Membranes for Wound Dressing Application.” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A J. Biomed. Mater. Res. 102.1 (2013): 84-96. Web. (1) (2)
Mercola, Joseph, Dr. “Castor Oil Uses: The Benefits of Using This Simple Home Remedy.” Mercola.com. N.p., 28 Apr. 2012. Web. (3) (4) (7) (8) (10)
Shigeta, Yasutami, Hiromichi Imanaka, Hideya Ando, Atsuko Ryu, Naoto Oku, Naomichi Baba, and Taketoshi Makino. “Skin Whitening Effect of Linoleic Acid Is Enhanced by Liposomal Formulations.” Biol. Pharm. Bull. Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin 27.4 (2004): 591-94. Web. (5)
Al-mahmood, Salman, Sylvie Colin, Celine Steverlynck, Jean-pascal Conduzorgues, Amel Hadri, and Eric Viaud. USE OF AN INHIBITOR OF IRS-1 FOR TREATING SKIN DISORDERS. GENE SIGNAL INTERNATIONAL SA, assignee. Patent 20150283165. 10 Aug. 2015. Print. (6)
Cutler, Nicole, L.A.c. “Castor Oil Packs for Hepatitis C.” Hepatitis Central. N.p., 31 Dec. 2009. Web. (9)
Alluring. “Apply Castor Oil for Hair.” WikiHow. N.p., Apr. 2016. Web. (11)
Elsaie, Mohamed L., MD, Leslie S. Baumann, MD, and Lofty T. Elsaaiee, MD. “Result Filters.” National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, 6 Apr. 2009. Web. 29 Sept. 2016. (12)
McGarey, William A., and Edgar Cayce. The Oil That Heals: A Physician’s Successes with Castor Oil Treatments. Virginia Beach, VA: A.R.E., 1993. Print.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!