When you imagine your favorite mouth-watering side dishes, which recipes come to mind?
For us, anything that includes potatoes comes to mind. But every once in a while, we find ourselves craving something lighter and fresher.
Fortunately, there is a way to avoid the heaviness that can come with potatoes. Not to mention the fact that it’s jam-packed with health benefits – cauliflower!
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
In addition to eating cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower can be a welcome addition to anyone’s diet.
Science has actually shown that cauliflower can significantly improve your health, in combination with daily physical activity and other healthy lifestyle habits.
- Contains many nutrients (e.g., fiber, vitamins C, K, B6, folate, potassium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus)
- Is high in fiber
- A good source of antioxidants (it’s especially high in anti-cancer glucosinolates)
- May help with weight loss
- Is high in choline
- Is rich in sulforaphane
Numerous studies have shown that cauliflower can have anti-cancer effects on the body.
This is largely thanks to the fact that cauliflower contains a high amount of antioxidants known as glucosinolates and isothiocyanates.
Now that you have a greater awareness of how cauliflower can benefit you, let’s get to the tasty part of this article.
How to Make Balsamic and Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
This incredible recipe was adapted from EatingWell. (7)
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (one-inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
If you want something richer than plain nutritional yeast, take ¾ cup raw cashews, 3 tablespoons, nutritional yeast, ¾ teaspoon sea salt, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, and mix them all in a food processor until fine. Add a half-cup of this richer mixture into your recipe. (8)
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place cauliflower florets into a mixing bowl; toss with coconut oil, marjoram, salt, and pepper
- Once coated, spread florets on baking sheet; roast 15-20 minutes until softened and browned
- Take out cauliflower and cover evenly in balsamic vinegar and nutritional yeast
- Put cauliflower back into oven until nutritional yeast melts, excess moisture evaporates (5-10 minutes)
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily: