When you imagine your favorite mouth-watering side dishes, which recipes come to mind?
For us, anything that includes potatoes comes to mind. But every once in a while, we find ourselves craving something lighter and fresher.
Fortunately, there is a way to avoid the heaviness that can come with potatoes. Not to mention the fact that it’s jam-packed with health benefits – cauliflower!
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
In addition to eating cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower can be a welcome addition to anyone’s diet.
Science has actually shown that cauliflower can significantly improve your health, in combination with daily physical activity and other healthy lifestyle habits.
- Contains many nutrients (e.g., fiber, vitamins C, K, B6, folate, potassium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus)
- Is high in fiber
- A good source of antioxidants (it’s especially high in anti-cancer glucosinolates)
- May help with weight loss
- Is high in choline
- Is rich in sulforaphane
Numerous studies have shown that cauliflower can have anti-cancer effects on the body.
This is largely thanks to the fact that cauliflower contains a high amount of antioxidants known as glucosinolates and isothiocyanates.
Now that you have a greater awareness of how cauliflower can benefit you, let’s get to the tasty part of this article.
How to Make Balsamic and Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
This incredible recipe was adapted from EatingWell. (7)
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (one-inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
If you want something richer than plain nutritional yeast, take ¾ cup raw cashews, 3 tablespoons, nutritional yeast, ¾ teaspoon sea salt, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, and mix them all in a food processor until fine. Add a half-cup of this richer mixture into your recipe. (8)
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place cauliflower florets into a mixing bowl; toss with coconut oil, marjoram, salt, and pepper
- Once coated, spread florets on baking sheet; roast 15-20 minutes until softened and browned
- Take out cauliflower and cover evenly in balsamic vinegar and nutritional yeast
- Put cauliflower back into oven until nutritional yeast melts, excess moisture evaporates (5-10 minutes)
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes