Pancakes are an All-American food favorite and a staple for any household that has kids in them (and ones that don’t, for that matter). Being the classier version of waffles, nothing reminds people of breakfast more than a tall stack of pancakes.
Although pancakes are an amazingly delicious breakfast food, most commercial pancake mixes are full of extra processed sugar, bleached white flour, gluten, hydrogenated fats and more. Making pancakes is incredibly easy, and all of these extra ingredients added into commercial pancake mix does nothing but put your health at risk.
This is why I’m going to show you how to easily make healthy and delicious banana egg pancakes – yup, those are the only two ingredients you’ll need.
Health Benefits Of Eggs
Eggs are an incredibly nutritious component of breakfast that everybody should try to include at least every other day. They are rich in a variety of vitamins and other nutrients, including:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B2
They also are high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which can aid in weight loss and can reduce inflammation. It also helps raise the HDL (or “good”) cholesterol, which can help prevent heart disease and the various health conditions that accompany it.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Many people tend to eat only eggs whites, or just avoid eating eggs in general, because they believe that the cholesterol found in the yolk can contribute to cholesterol build up in the body. However, several studies have shown that consuming whole eggs has little to no effect on the body’s cholesterol levels, with one study finding that eating eggs had no effect on 70% of the study participant’s cholesterol, while the effect it had on the remaining 30% was insignificant.
Health Benefits of Bananas
Watch The Hearty Soul’s Tala Chai, put bananas to good use to make 3 decadent dairy-free ice cream flavors in minutes.
Bananas are a nutritious and malleable fruit. They can be easily added to a variety of recipes, and work great for giving pancakes a solid shape. They contain a significant amount of fiber, and also several antioxidants. Some of the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients found in bananas include:
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Net carbs
Bananas have been shown to be effective at both regulating blood sugar levels and reducing hunger. This is due to two types of fiber found in bananas called pectin and resistant starch. Both of these fibers moderate blood sugar levels, and, if eaten after a meal, reduce hunger by slowing the emptying of the stomach.
The potassium found in bananas is also effective at lowering blood pressure. This, combined with the banana’s ability to regulate blood sugar, makes it an incredible food for preserving heart health.
Recipe: Banana Egg Pancakes
- 1/2 cup of ripe, finely mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- Put the bananas and eggs in a bowl and mix it well
- Place 1/4 of the mixture on a pan over medium heat. When it starts bubbling, flip and cook the other side briefly (this is one pancake)
- Continue to do this with the remainder of the batter, it should amount to around four or five pancakes
There you have it! Easy-to-make, two-ingredient banana egg pancakes that can improve your heart health and help you lose weight as well.
Pancake Toppings and Additions
You can’t forget toppings! As good as these banana egg pancakes are, some can argue (and for good reason) that toppings can make the pancake. Here are some healthy and delicious pancake toppings you can try next time.
- Almond Butter: good fat, protein, and fibre? You can’t go wrong with this topping. It has a unique and subtle taste that will compliment the banana flavor in your pancakes.
- Honey Cashew Butter: for anyone trying to find a maple syrup substitute, this sweet nut butter is the perfect alternative. In addition to cashews being a great source of magnesium, honey has seemingly endless uses and benefits. Add this to an already healthy pancake and your health will be in good shape.
- Chocolate Cashew Pudding: whoever thought to combine the flavors of chocolate and banana deserves a medal. This vegan recipe uses cacao which is packed with antioxidants and tastes delicious. Pudding and pancakes may sound like a weird mix, but add a few dollops on top of your banana egg pancakes and you’ll realize why it isn’t!
- Blueberries: they’re low in calories, high in antioxidants, reduce blood pressure, and more! Mix blueberries into your banana-egg pancake mix to boost the benefits of this breakfast even more.
- Cacao: this mineral-rich and pure form of chocolate can benefit your health in the short and long-term (e.g., boosts immune system, lowers risk of heart disease and stroke, etc). Get some cacao nibs and throw them into the banana-egg mixture to treat those taste buds and probably take a trip down memory lane – this is one nostalgic meal.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!