Muffins are the classic breakfast food that we all love. Unfortunately, store-bought muffins are more dessert-oriented and are full of fat and sugar. In the mornings we need a healthy kick that won’t leave us with a sugar crash.
This coconut blueberry muffin recipe is so good you’d think it was bad. It’s packed with flavor and it’s grain free but it still has that amazing texture that grain muffins have. Grain free and gluten free foods are also easier on our blood sugar and are loaded with high-quality nutrition. This recipe also substitutes white sugar for maple syrup – an all natural sweetener.
How well do you know your healthy ingredients? Take the quiz to find out!
Finally, A Healthy Muffin
Forget those sugar-packed muffins that pretend to be healthy because this recipe will reinstate all of the good that muffins have to offer.
Free-range Eggs vs. Caged Eggs
- Free-range eggs contain 1/3 of the cholesterol of caged eggs. By lowering our cholesterol intake we not only help our cardiovascular health but also our waistline.
- While both eggs do contain Vitamin A, free range eggs contain 25% more vitamin A than caged eggs.
- While we do not want our eggs to contain saturated fats, we also want them to contain a higher amount of Omega 3 acids which free range eggs do. Free-range eggs contain twice the amount of Omega 3s as conventional (caged) eggs.
Coconut Flour: The Best Alternative
If you are looking for ways to make your recipe gluten free I recommend coconut flour. It is packed with health benefits, almost as many as we get from a coconut itself!
- Coconut flour is high in fiber, low in sugar, calories and has a low score on the glycemic index. Foods with a low glycemic index do not spike our blood sugar. Consuming coconut flour can help lower the overall impact of sugars from other foods as well.
- Coconut flour contains healthy saturated fats which are crucial for our body in order to gain energy and to aid our metabolism.
- Coconut flour can help lower bad cholesterol in our system. This is because of the high amounts of both soluble and insoluble fiber found in this flour.
This makes coconut flour a perfect alternative for those with diabetes, leaky gut syndrome and any type of digestive problem.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
This article is shared with permission from our friends at drjockers.com.
Coconut BlueBerry Muffins
This Recipe is by my friend Kelcie Yeo. She has one of my favorite recipe blogs “Kelcie’s Kreations” that you can find here.
Serves: 6-12 small-medium sized muffins
Prep time: 15 - 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 - 25 minutes
- 6 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup grade B maple syrup*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 cup wild blueberries
*Editor's note: You can substitute maple syrup for stevia.
- Whisk together eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Whisk in coconut flour.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes (to thicken).
- Add in blueberries and baking powder.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!