Getting bitten by bugs is the worst! The problem is, traditionally if you want to get rid of bugs, you have to invest in harmful repellents, which can be dangerous for your health.
Thankfully, there is a way to get rid of bugs without putting your health or the health of your family at risk. You can create your own bug spray! One that is not harmful to your children’s health or your own but still be strong enough to get rid of pesky bugs.
These ingredients can also be used for a number of different things, like making a useful all-purpose cleaner, laundry detergent, fabric softener, tile scrub, and much more.
So let’s go over what you’re going to need to create the best organic bug repellent out there.
– 10 drops of Lavender
– 1-15 oz. bottle of witch hazel
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
– 10-12 drops of Citronella
– 10-12 drops of Eucalyptus
– 10-12 drops of Lemongrass
1. Grab a couple of small bottles and divide the witch hazel between them. Use one for outside and the other one for whatever else you would need bug repellent for. I usually like to bring some repellent with me whenever I go out at night because the bugs are usually very active. I usually almost fill the bottles, leaving roughly ½” of room at the top.
2. Add each of the other oils to the witch hazel. Then put back on the lid and shake the bottle well. Do this until the oils mix well. Make sure you shake the mixture again every time you use it.
The best part about this insect repellent is that it smells wonderful, so you won’t mind spraying it all over the place. Plus, it’s particularly effective at getting rid of pesky mosquitos.
Why I Love It
The worst part about using insect repellent is the smell it gives off. I find it almost sickening and I’m always trying to get rid of the smell after I’m done using it. But nothing, until now, has given me the security I need to feel safe from bugs and also not mind having repellent all over my body.
Another great part about this bug spray is the fact that it doesn’t feel sticky on your skin. You can wear it all day and all night and never feel that gross icky feeling other repellents give you.
For me those were the two biggest sellers for this bug spray, but I also love making it myself so I know exactly what’s in it. I can know for certain that I’m using a bug spray that is chemical free and not harmful to my health, or the environment.
If you’re tired of harmful bug repellents you owe it to yourself and your family to give this a try. Plus, it’s really easy. For more information on this bug repellent recipe visit Premeditated Leftovers.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!