Republished with permission from authenticselfwellness.com.*Editor’s note: health benefits of ingredients were provided by The Hearty Soul.
Think salads are boring? Think again! This recipe is loaded with nourishing ingredients to help boost your energy levels, promote clear skin, and keep your immune system strong. It’s packed with antioxidants, protein, and healthy fats which makes it a well-rounded salad that your body will crave.
This low-calorie super food is packed with essential nutrients responsible for the healthy functioning of your body. Spinach is high in vitamin C, which plays a vital role in the synthesis of collagen that your body needs to maintain healthy hair and skin. In addition, consuming this leafy green comes with the following health benefits:
- Contains an antioxidant that lowers blood sugar levels.
- Helps protect your body from cancer as its chlorophyll content blocks the carcinogenic effects of chemicals that are produced when you cook foods at high temperatures.
- Its potassium content lowers blood pressure.
- Is a source of a vitamin K, which contributes to bone health.
- High in fibre and promotes healthy digestion.
- A rich source of beta-carotene, spinach helps lower the risk of developing asthma.
- Spinach is good source of magnesium, which boosts your metabolism and supports your immune system.
- Helps balance your cholesterol levels
- Contains beta-carotene, the same antioxidant found in carrots that is responsible for helping you maintain healthy vision
- Another good source of vitamin K
- Contains folate, which helps keep your brain healthy and lowers the risk of depression
- Good for digestive health and maintaining regular bowel movements
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
If you’re looking to shed a few pounds, start chowing down on a handful of pecans. They are loaded with fatty acids that help control your weight. Pecans also contain antioxidants that protect your body by destroying harmful free radicals and warding off diseases, cancer and infections.
Pomegranates are an amazing fruit that are both delicious and healthy. Health benefits of pomegranates include:
- They have antioxidant, antiviral and anti-tumour properties (their antioxidant content is triple that of wine or green tea)
- Aids in maintaining healthy blood circulation
- Cures stomach disorders
- Treats diabetes and cancer
- Soothes sore throats
- Clears skin
- Reduces inflammation
- Its antiviral and antibacterial properties reduces plaque and helps you maintain good oral health
Pomegranates can be consumed in a variety of ways, such as drinking it in juice form, using it to make molasses or eating its seeds.
The following salad recipe contains each of the above ingredients and will allow you to reap all of the health benefits that were mentioned plus MORE!
Superfood Spinach Salad
*Editor’s note: substitutions were made by The Hearty Soul.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups organic spinach leaves
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into pieces
- 1/3 cup organic cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup organic blackberries
- 1/3 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil*
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients.
- In a mason jar, add all of the dressing ingredients.
- Shake the jar well until all of the ingredients have been combined.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad.
- Toss the salad so all of the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!