You probably hear a lot of conflicting information about cancer. There seems to be so many opinions about what causes it, who is at highest risk, and how you can beat it.
So what are the facts about cancer and what are myths? Some of the truths behind common misconceptions about cancer may surprise you…
5 Common Myths about Cancer
1. Cancer is genetic so nothing can prevent whether or not you are diagnosed. This is one of the biggest myths because experts estimate that more than half of cancer diagnoses can be prevented. Less than 5% of all cancers have a genetic link. A vast majority of cancers are caused by environmental toxicity.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
2. Alcohol is good for my health. While a glass of red wine has proven bene1ficial to heart health, alcohol causes inflammation. A state of chronic inflammation has been linked to cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and many neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
3. People with cancer should “rest” as much as possible. While adequate rest is definitely necessary to stay healthy, experts advise against isolation and inactivity, which can lead to increased fatigue, a weakened immune system, and depression. Patients who exercise consistently have a higher rate of survival and maintain a more positive outlook throughout their recovery.
4. The food you eat doesn’t prevent cancer or fight it. Foods high in refined sugar, refined sodium, and unhealthy fats have been shown in countless studies to influence cellular mutation that leads to cancer. Cancer cells consume more sugar (glucose) for fuel than any other cell in your body. Conversely, eating a diet of organic foods with vitamins and nutrients that prevent cellular deterioration naturally increases your chance of preventing and beating this devastating disease (and many others).
5. Obesity doesn’t increase risk of cancer. With two-thirds of the United States population considered overweight or obese, this is an incredibly dangerous myth. Experts agree that hundreds of cancer cases are directly caused by carrying excess weight. One primary reason is that fat cells secrete estradiol which acts as a “fertilizer” for cancer cells.
Shockingly, the major organizations that are considered the “leading authorities” on what causes cancer (and how it can be prevented), perpetuate a few myths about cancer of their own.
Despite scientific evidence to the contrary by independent labs (meaning, no one is profiting from the information) these “authorities” claim there is no link between cancer and…
- Cell phones and power lines
- Hair dyes
- Radiation treatment
- Household cleansers
- Processed foods
- Artificial sweeteners
- Soy products
Myths about cancer are dangerous and so is the medical community’s refusal to look further than “traditionally accepted” causes. As with every part of your life, being informed is your first line of defense in prevention of disease. Making decisions based on the facts increases your ability to prevent cancer and – if you are diagnosed – beating it.
This article was republished with permission from thetruthaboutcancer.com.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!