I think we all have that one sugary treat we like to spoil ourselves with every once and while…
You know the occasional caramel, candy apple or cotton candy swirl. They all have two things in common, they’re mainly comprised of sugar, and they dramatically increase the growth of cancer cells.
I know it sounds crrrrazy. But it’s true. According to researchers at the University of California, San Francisco, sugar poses a health risk—contributing to around 35 million deaths globally each year.
Take that in for a moment…35 million! Sugar’s toxicity is so high that is should be listed as a toxic substance similar to alcohol and tobacco. Sugar’s harmful effects are not only associated with diabetes, but also metabolic syndrome, hyper- and hypoglycemia, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and heart disease.
Sugar and Cancer
Sugar and cancer pretty much go hand-in-hand together. But, for some reason, oncologists fail to do what is necessary to stop their patients from feeding cancers with sweeteners and sweets. An increasing number of medical scientists support the notion that cutting sugar out cuts off the food supply to tumors and cancer cells. It is one of the easiest and safest ways to fight cancer.
Research published in The Journal of Molecular Systems Biology demonstrated that glucose starvation is depriving cancer cells of glucose and activating a metabolic amplification loop that leads to cancer cell death, as a result of the toxic accumulation of reactive oxygen species.
Scientists have found that a low-carbohydrate high-protein diet reduces blood glucose, insulin, and glycolysis, slows tumor growth, reduces tumor incidence, and works additively with existing therapies without weight loss or kidney failure. Such a diet has the potential of being both a novel cancer prophylactic and treatment.
“The prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by a fermentation of sugar,” said Dr. Otto Warburg.
The metabolism of cancer is approximately eight times greater than the metabolism of normal cells. Doctors know that cancer metabolizes much differently than normal cells. Normal cells need oxygen. Cancer cells disregard oxygen when adequate glucose is present.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
So what’s the solution? Cut out sugar you silly goose.
All cells, including cancer cells, are fueled by glucose. But if you deprive them of glucose, they switch to the alternate fuel, ketone bodies: acids produced during the metabolism of fats.
Well all except for cancer cells. A defect prevents them from making the switch to ketone bodies for fuel and so, cancer cells can only survive on glucose. All other cells can use either glucose or ketone bodies. Cancer cells lack the metabolic flexibility or normal cells. The ketogenic diet exploits this fact.
The Ketogenic diet consists of almost zero carbohydrates, but lots of natural proteins and fats. Essentially the diet focuses on clean eating and everything can be found at your local grocery, or health foods stores. You’ll want to avoid the sugars and salts of trashy foods …avoid them like the plague.
There are simple carbohydrates and complex carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates include sugars found naturally in foods such as; fruits and fruit juices, sodas, some vegetables, white bread, white rice, pasta, milk and milk products, most snack foods, sweets, etc.
But, let us not forget the simple sugars added to foods during processing and refining, that we have no awareness of. It’s the simple sugars that get most of the credit for causing cancer.
Hint: Stay away from processed meats like cold cuts and hot dogs, because carbohydrates are often added to them.
Ketogenic Omelette Recipe
- Egg whites (4-5)
- Egg yolk (1)
- Almond milk (2 tbs/30 ml) you can replace with coconut milk
- Tomato (half or 1 plum tomato)
- Shredded spinach (1 handful)
- Purple onion (1 tbs)
- Basil (1 pinch)
- Garlic (optional)
- Olive oil cooking spray.
- Chop the Vegetables.
- Beat the egg whites, the yolk, and the almond milk.
- Spray a small frying pan with oil and quickly sauté the veggies until soft.
- Put the vegetables on the side, spray the pan again, put the medium-low heat and pour the eggs. Cook until the eggs are firm, add the vegetables on one side and fold the other half over top.
- Add fruits to the plate and serve!
More Ways Sugar Causes Cancer
Eating white sugar causes magnesium mineral deficiencies. The magnesium has been removed in the creation process which makes it a ripe target and a major cause of cancer. Deficiencies in magnesium are not only pro-inflammatory, but also pro-cancer.
High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) causes cancer because it is contaminated with mercury. High fructose corn syrup causes selenium deficiencies, because the mercury in it binds with selenium, driving selenium levels downward.
Selenium is crucial for glutathione production and its deficiency in soils tracks mathematically with cancer rates. Selenium and mercury are also eternal lovers having a strong affinity to bond with each other.
Excess sugar spikes insulin levels and insulin’s eventual depletion. High insulin and insulin-like growth factors are needed for the control of blood sugar levels resulting from chronic ingestion of high-carbohydrate meals (like the typical American diet, that is full of grains and sugars). Increased insulin levels are pro-inflammatory and pro-cancer and can directly promote tumor cell proliferation.
Most Common Cancer Types
- Breast Cancer: The higher your insulin levels are, the faster your breast cells will divide; the faster they divide, the higher your risk of breast cancer is, and the faster any existing cancer cells will grow. In other words, when your insulin levels are up, free-estrogen levels are up, and both of them speed up cell division. That’s why high insulin levels increase your risk of breast cancer so much.
- A study conducted by, Harvard Medical School, (2004) found that women who, as teenagers, ate high-glycemic foods had a higher incidence of breast cancer later in life. The study suggested that encouraging your teenage daughter to cut back on sugar would help her lower her risk of breast cancer for the rest of her life.
- Pancreatic cancer: Cancer cells use the sugar fructose to help tumors grow more quickly. Tumor cells fed on both glucose and fructose. Their findings, published in, The Journal of Cancer Research, helps explain other studies that have linked fructose intake with pancreatic cancer, one of the deadliest cancer types.
- “The modern diet contains a lot of refined sugar including fructose and it’s a hidden danger implicated in a lot of modern diseases, such as obesity, diabetes and fatty liver.” Said Dr. Anthony Heaney of UCLA’s Jonsson Cancer center.
Sugar turns the body into a suitable breeding ground for viruses, bacteria, fungi and cancer by devastating the immune system.
Of the four million cancer patients being treated in America today, hardly any are offered any scientifically guided nutrition therapy. Well, it’s time for that to change.
It’s time to start starving your cancer, in a fast and natural way.
No more sugars. Follow the ketogenic diet to nip cancer in the bud.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!