This article is shared with permission from our friends at Pet Guide.
Medicinal marijuana is a hot topic. In Canada, a law that will legalize marijuana is set to be passed in spring of 2017. So what benefits does it offer? It contains compounds that affect certain parts of the body differently. Growers of these plants have the ability to use or breed certain stains that contain less compounds. Here’s a short list of some of them:
- THC: causes the high feeling and may benefit Alzheimer’s disease, MS, Parkinson’s disease, PTSD, cancer, and pain that originates in the nervous system.
- CBD: called cannabidiol and may benefit cancer, anxiety, chronic pain, psychotic disorders, cancer, epilepsy, and diabetes.
- CBC: called cannabichromene, and is known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, and antifungal abilities.
- CBN: called cannabinol, which acts as an appetite stimulant, pain reliever, sedative, and antibiotic.
- CBG: called cannabigerol, which is helpful against psoriasis, pain, infections (fungal), and tumors.
When used medicinally, doctors are able to prescribe a particular constituent of the plant such as CBD to someone with cancer, anxiety and chronic pain.
Related link: Canine Cannabis: Medical Marijuana for Dogs
In order to get any type of medical marijuana product, the laws in the state you are living in have to be followed. A medical prescription is required and only a certain amount of marijuana products may be purchased at any one time.
Medical marijuana and hemp products for dogs are are growing trend. Not only have vets started using it for cancer and arthritis, but also for separation anxiety disorder.
Related link: Valerian for Cats: A Safe Alternative to Catnip
One of the newest canine cannabis products to hit the market is called Endexx. The company’s Phyto-Bites soft chews for dogs contain CBD isolate, which can help dogs with pain, separation anxiety, and inflammation. To make them chewable, this supplements also contain peanut butter, bran, rice, flaxseed oil and mineral oil.
Endexx staff works with Precision Science, another company that promotes regulatory compliance and full accountability through seed to sale inventory management and tracking (this is important when it comes to the sale of any kind of medical cannabis).
What’s important to note is that your dog won’t get high eating the Phyto-Bites – that’s because the soft chews don’t have any THC. No munchies for them!
The cannabidol dog chews will be on the shelves of major pet food retailers in October. If you’re interested in learning more, visit the CBD Unlimited website. And always check with your veterinarian when you’re planning to add any kind of supplement to your pet’s diet.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!