For people with jobs and kids and busy lives, it can be so hard to get the required amount of vegetables in the diet. Salads are a perfect way to get your veggie intake for the day, since you can load up a salad with as many different types as you want. Better then that, salads are crazy easy to customize, so experimenting and making variations is a great and fun way to find your ideal mix.
This carrot blueberry salad is the perfect treat to have as a side dish for dinner this summer. Sell this refreshing mix to the family with classic carrots and blueberries, and sneak some nutrient packed superfoods into the mix. You can even take the leftovers with you to work the next day for a healthy salad on the go!
A Superfood Salad
It’s not just tasty, this salad is packed with superfoods, including a delicious way to incorporate sprouts into your diet, an amazing, nutrient-dense vegetable that people often do not get enough of. Sprouts are a great way to balance your body’s pH, defend against environmental toxins, and even protect your cells from cancer. Sprouts really should be the staple of any diet, and they go great in this salad.
While the sprouts of the mix fight cancer, the blueberries work to prevent diseases in the body. And of course we don’t even need to tell you that spinach is a leafy green that’s loaded with nutrients and vitamins. When making this salad, make sure to use all fresh and natural ingredients for maximum health benefits!
Can you eat chocolate on the Keto diet? Good news!
Download our free report today for instant access to 28 recipes for making delicious chocolate treats — all 100% Keto approved.
Here’s how to make it. Remember that you can experiment and add ingredients if you want to get creative!
Carrot Blueberry Sprout Salad
- 8 large carrots, shredded or spiraled
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 4 tbsp. nut butter (sunflower seed butter is especially good)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 2 cups sprouts
- Zest and juice or one lemon
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Use a medium sized cheese grater to shred the carrots, or use vegetable spiralizer if you prefer that style of cut.
- Combine carrots, blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest and nut butter in a bowl and stir. Try to have all ingredients coated evenly in the nut butter and lemon juices.
- Add finely chopped spinach, sunflower seeds, sprouts, salt and pepper and mix together.
Prep time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
Recipe and Article Source
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!