This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at blog.paleohacks.com
This buffalo cauliflower recipe offers you a healthy spin on the classic buffalo wing. Unlike the restaurant favorite, which is drenched in fat and sodium, you’ll be able to enjoy these tasty cauliflower bites sans regret.
With all of its vitamins and minerals. cauliflower is a great way to naturally help your digestive system, prevent many forms of cancer and is packed with anti-inflammatory properties.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- Cauliflower is packed with Vitamins K and C, manganese and much more that when combined create a powerful vegetable.
- Cauliflower regulates all three major systems of our body; anti-oxidant, detox system and our inflammatory/anti-inflammatory system. This can help prevent chronic diseases as well as many forms of cancer such as: colon, ovarian, breast, prostate and more.
- The anti-inflammatory compounds (Vitamin K and Omega-3 fatty acids) help prevent cardiovascular disorders. In addition, studies have shown that these compounds can help reverse and prevent blood vessel damage.
- Cauliflower contains choline which can help boost our cognitive function. Adding cauliflower to our diet can help prevent damage done to our brain over time, preventing our brain from being vulnerable down the road.
- Fiber is a key nutrient in cauliflower. This helps our body feel full and satisfied, thus preventing us from overeating and in turn aiding with weight loss. It also helps regulate our digestive system, keeping our stools regular even targeting IBS and other common digestive disorders.
- The antioxidants in cauliflower, vitamin C, beta-carotene and more, play a huge role in providing your cells with the defence they need against toxins. This helps your body slow down the aging process and eliminate free radicals.
This really is a delicious way to detox your system and it is your solution to all the unhealthy ingredients that exist in regular wings. This recipe is fun and easy and a great way to get everyone on the path to eating healthier!
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at blog.paleohacks.com.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Cauliflower Bites:
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 c tapioca starch
- 1/2 c hot sauce, divided (You can use Frank’s Hot Sauce or another Paleo-friendly sauce)
- 1/3 c grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 c green onion
- Cashew Ranch Dip:
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 1/3 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1/4 t dried dill
- 1/4 t dried chives
- 1/8 t onion powder
- 1/4 t sea salt
- Begin by combining ingredients for cashew ranch dip in a blender. Blend until smooth and slightly thick. Refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 450, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together almond milk, half of hot sauce and garlic powder. Slowly whisk in tapioca starch.
- Dunk each cauliflower florets in batter and gently shake off excess batter.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet at least 1 inch apart. Bake 20 minutes.
- While cauliflower bakes, whisk together melted butter and remaining hot sauce.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and brush with hot sauce mixture. Return cauliflower to oven. Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Garnish with green onion.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!