This article is shared with permission from our friends at blog.paleohacks.com.
This super-easy-to-make Paleo-friendly shrimp fried “rice” will satisfy your cravings and your health. This so-called rice is not made from grains but from cauliflower! It’s a great alternative for dishes with quinoa, couscous and other grains if you are looking for something lighter.
This cauliflower “rice” is also an amazing replacement for white rice, which has recently been proven to be linked to type 2 diabetes.
Cauliflower rice is a great substitute for white rice. The next time you find a recipe with white rice consider swapping it for cauliflower rice. Save yourself from future health problems with this amazing recipe.
This shrimp fried rice recipe makes for a perfect meal any night of the week. Whether you’re looking to stay in or you need a quick week night dinner after a busy workday, this will soon be a go-to favorite.
White rice and Type 2 diabetes
Many of us gravitate toward white rice because it is so easy to make and so cheap. However, a recent study conducted by Harvard University states that the more white rice we consume the higher our risk for developing type 2 diabetes is. White rice can actually cause a sudden spike in blood sugar and because it does not have a lot of fiber, which has been found to help control blood sugar levels, consuming this carb can contribute to type 2 diabetes.
White rice also does not contain as many nutrients as other grains like brown rice. Completely removing white rice from your diet may be the solution to future health problems down the road.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Cauliflower rice is a healthy and delicious alternative and is just as quick to make as white rice.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- Cauliflower has been linked to actually killing cancer. The compound that exists in cauliflower can actually kill cancer stem cells. Many doctors directly link the cause of cancer to these stem cells.
- Caulifower is packed with anti-inflammatory compounds that help reduce inflammation in your body.
- Cauliflower can boost your brain health thanks to a compound called choline that is responsible for cognitive function. Diets rich in choline are known for boosting your memory.
- Cauliflower can aid your digestive health thanks to its fiber content.
- Cauliflower, along with other cruciferous vegetables, is rich in indole-3-carbinol (I3C). This substance is used to balance hormone levels, detoxify the intestines and liver, and for preventing various types of cancer, such as colon and breast.
Cauliflower Shrimp ‘Fried Rice’
Serves: 2- 3
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 T coconut aminos
1. Make cauliflower rice by placing the cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse a few times until you have pea-sized pieces OR mince with a sharp knife if you don’t have a food processor.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat.
3. Saute shrimp for 3 minutes or until pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Discard any liquid in pan, lower temperature to medium-high heat, and add remaining coconut oil.
5. Add the cauliflower rice to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes or until the cauliflower has cooked off most of its moisture.
6. Add in the onions, broccoli, carrots, and snap peas, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
7. Create a space in the middle of the pan, crack the eggs in the middle, and allow to cook for a minute. Start to scramble the egg into the “rice” mixture and allow eggs to cook through.
8. Stir in the cooked shrimp and coconut aminos, and serve!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!