My attempts to eat healthy when dining out are always reversed by my giving in to a slice of cheesecake. A single serving of cheesecake contains over 400 calories!
Tip: When a server asks if you would like to see a dessert menu, always say “no”. Looking at a dessert menu is like opening Pandora’s box.
This is why I don’t eat out (very often).
But thanks to the recipe below, I can enjoy my favorite dessert guilt-free and in the comfort of my own home.
New York’s new style
This Strawberry Lime Mojito Cheesecake recipe takes your traditional New York style dessert to a whole new level. It is anti-inflammatory due to it being gluten-free, dairy-free AND grain-free.
Unlike the one you find in most restaurants, this recipe is perfect for incorporating into any diet plan, especially if you’re looking to heal leaky gut. It contains several ingredients made from coconut, which has been found to be very gut-friendly. Coconut products contain medium-chain fatty acids, which are easier to digest than other types of fat. As a result, consuming coconut helps you avoid running into digestive problems.
Another feature ingredient in this delicious dessert is strawberry. Strawberries are high Vitamin C, an antioxidant that fights free radicals in your body and strengthens your immune system. Vitamin C also plays a vital role in the production of collagen, making it an essential nutrient for keeping your skin healthy.
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at draxe.com.
Strawberry Lime Mojito Cheesecake Recipe
Total time: 45 – 60 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1-10 oz. pkg. frozen whole strawberries
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 2 Tbsp Fresh mint, finely chopped
- Put first 3 ingredients in food processor and blend until sticky. Lightly oil a nine inch cheesecake pan with coconut oil. Press the crust dough into the cheesecake pan. Place dough in freezer while you make the filling.
- In mixing bowl beat the butter, coconut sugar, and honey with electric mixer. About two minutes or until well blended and mixed. Add eggs and yolks to the butter mixture and beat until well blended.
- In separate bowl, add tapioca starch to the lime juice, stir well until tapioca starch is dissolved. Add the lime juice mixture to the butter mixture and continue to beat for about one minute.
- Pour the mixture into a medium heavy saucepan and cook over low-medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and looks smooth. When done, remove pan from stove to cool. Fold in coconut cream and coconut oil until totally blended.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the filling onto the crust. Return cheesecake to freezer and let freeze for about 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Thaw frozen strawberries in a fine strainer over bowl. When thawed, press strawberries through the strainer to get the juice below until you get 1/2 cup of strawberry juice. Set strawberries that remain in strainer aside. You will use them later.
- Add Tapioca starch to the 1/2 C of strawberry juice. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately four minutes stirring occasionally until mixture is thickened.
- Slice the fresh strawberries and gently mix them together with the remaining pulp saved in the strainer. Add honey and stir gently to coat the strawberries.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes so sugar will dissolve.
- Add lime juice and finely minced mint and stir. Add the cooled strawberry mixture. Spread strawberry mixture over entire cake top. Return to freezer for at least two hours.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.