If I could eat avocados all day, every day, I would. With their creamy texture, they offer a unique taste that so many recipes are missing.
These Honey Lime Chicken Skewers are so delicious because of the avocado dipping sauce. The avocado adds the perfect touch and flavor to satisfy you with a single bite. In addition, avocados are kicking with amazing health benefits. They are an amazing way to help prevent cancer and release toxins from your body.
So invite a few friends over and start grilling these skewers right away!
Health Benefits of Avocado
- While some fruits are notably high in carbohydrates (bananas, apples, cherries, mangoes), avocados are high in healthy fats. The fatty acid found in avocado is called oleic acid, which has been found to possess anti-inflammatory properties. Reducing inflammation can help reduce your risk of cancer.
- Avocados contain no cholesterol or sodium and are loaded with fiber and healthy fats.
- Avocados are also loaded with potassium which plays a role in bone and muscle health. High potassium intakes are beneficial because they can lower our blood pressure and our risk of cardiovascular disease.
- The fiber content in avocados promote digestive health, can help us lose weight and reduce blood sugar spikes.
- Studies have shown that avocados can reduce total cholesterol levels, and increase the good cholesterol our body needs. This can help steer our bodies away from heart disease.
- Avocados contain high levels of vitamin E which can help regulate high blood pressure. High blood pressure has been linked to heart disease and is also the second leading cause of kidney failure in the Unite States after diabetes.
- They also contain vitamin C which is good for our eye health and can protect against many non-hormonal cancers like pancreatic, stomach and lung.
- Avocados are an amazing source of antioxidants which protect our body’s cells against toxins (better known as free radicals). This can protect of from various diseases like cancer and heart failure.
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at blog.paleohacks.com.
Honey Lime Chicken Skewers with Avocado Dipping Sauce
These chicken skewers are a great party food option!
Serves: 14 skewers
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Cut up chicken into bite-size cubes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and place chicken in skillet. Once pink is no longer showing, add honey, garlic, and lime juice.
- While chicken is cooking, make the dressing. Do so by smashing an avocado in a bowl with a fork, making sure to get most of the lumps out.
- Add yogurt and lime juice and mix with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, remove from heat.
- Once it’s a bit cooler, put chicken cubes on skewers until skewers are full.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.