We’re committed to offering our readers the best possible information to help everyone live and enjoy a happier and healthier life. This means that we’re always searching for the next solution for any of life’s many problems and exploring it in a way that best applies to your everyday life.
Sometimes, there is content that’s perfect just the way it is. In this case, we are very lucky to be collaborating with the people behind this valuable article and have been granted permission to republish it. We encourage you to visit their website at the end of this post.
Since announcing last week that it stopped using GMO ingredients, Chipotle has entered a new era of health-driven transparency.
The chain’s recently released guacamole recipe isn’t exactly unique, but we’re happy to see that it’s only made with real, whole foods. You may think that should be the standard at every restaurant, but unfortunately it’s not (ahem, McDonald’s).
Here’s the recipe, courtesy of Chipotle. Let us know how it tastes!
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
This Is All You’ll Need:
2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
How to Do It:
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and then remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
This article was republished with permission from Mind Body Green you can find the original article here.
Image Source: http://res.mindbodygreen.com/img/crp/ChipotleGuacamoleDip-850×400.jpg
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!