This article is shared with permission from Dr. Jockers
This is a low-carb, fat burning, ketogenic dessert recipe that could be consumed as a meal due to its powerful nutrients and blood sugar stabilizing effects. It takes a little work to make this one, but your family will be happy you did!
I changed the original recipe which called for honey and maple syrup for stevia so that it would have a fat burning effect rather than be a high sugar dessert. If you want to find Megan’s original version with the honey and syrup, you can here.
The combination of avocado, coconut oil, and raw cacao provides a rich array of nutrients including magnesium, potassium, anti-oxidants, fiber, trace minerals and medium-chain fats. The nuts and seeds that are used will add more fiber and minerals to make this a balanced meal replacement.
Chocolate Avocado Dessert Bars
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
This is a modified recipe from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
- ½ cup or nuts or seeds
- ½ cup of coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 10 drops of liquid stevia
- ½ cup of avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 15 drops of liquid stevia
- 1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil (optional)
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of cacao powder or ½ cup of melted dark chocolate
- 10 drops of liquid stevia
- Take a standard pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Begin making the bottom layer by mixing the sunflower seeds and coconut flakes and grind them in a food processer until a flour forms.
- Add cacao, coconut oil, and stevia in with the nut/coconut mixture and blend or mix.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the lined pan and set aside.
- For the filling, put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the filling to the pan and use a spatula to spread it over the bottom.
- Mix the topping ingredients (or melt if using the chocolate bar) until smooth and then pour it over the avocado filling
- Put the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes and then transfer the pan to the refrigerator for an additional 2 hours.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
- You can use whatever nut or seed you like for the bottom layers. Mixing in about ½ cup of coconut flakes with either ½ cup of almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds works well. You can also use a pre-ground nut or seed flour.
- You can use maple syrup or honey, which is what is in the original recipe, but I changed it to stevia to reduce the sugar.
- It works best if poured into the pan
- You can also use grass-fed butter or ghee in replace of the coconut oil or use both coconut oil and butter/ghee.
If you enjoyed these delicious avocado bars, you HAVE to try these!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!