This article is shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
These creamy Paleo blueberry muffins are packed with avocado, blueberries and dark chocolate – an antioxidant dream!
If you want the perfect muffin, look no further – these Chocolate Avocado Blueberry Muffins are going to be your new favorite treat! Made with fresh, wholesome ingredients, these muffins are bursting with tart blueberries and loaded with rich, double chocolate.
A single ripe avocado is the secret to making these muffins ultra-creamy. Avocados are flavorless and loaded with monounsaturated fat, so they make the perfect stand-in for baking oils. When avocados are mixed with raw cacao powder, it becomes a decadent chocolate pudding – perfect for creamy muffins!
This recipe is lightly sweetened with coconut sugar, blueberries, and chocolate chips, but you can adjust the sweetness by adding or subtracting the coconut sugar and chocolate chips.
Feel free to substitute other berries, like raspberries or strawberries, for the blueberries. Just be sure not to add any more than ¼ cup! Too many berries will make the batter wet, and the muffins won’t rise.
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
These avocado blueberry muffins make for a yummy sweet breakfast, dessert, or on-the-go snack. Keep them fresh by storing them in the refrigerator up to a week or in the freezer one month.
Chocolate Avocado Blueberry Muffins
These creamy Paleo muffins are packed with avocado, blueberries and dark chocolate – an antioxidant dream!
Recipe by: Megan Olson
Total Time: 28 Minutes
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 18 Minutes
Serves: 9 Muffins
- Muffin tin
- Small bowl
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 small avocado, ripe
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder + 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners or grease with coconut oil.
- Place eggs, avocado, sugar, and salt in a blender with 1 tablespoon of cacao powder. Blend on high until avocado is fully broken down and the mixture resembles a smooth pudding.
- In a small bowl, sift together ¼ cup cocoa powder, baking powder, coconut flour and almond flour.
- Add the almond milk to the liquid mixture, then slowly fold in dry ingredients. Mix just until combined – don’t overmix!
- Fold in blueberries and chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared muffin tin, dividing the batter evenly among 9 cavities.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and transfer to a wire baking rack to cool.
- Store in the refrigerator for one week or in the freezer for up to one month.
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!