This article is shared with permission from our friends at Dr. Jockers.
Looking for a delicious dessert that won’t boost your waistline while pleasing your taste buds? Made with natural sweeteners, chocolate, and avocados, this treat will help balance your hormones and hone your metabolism. Who could say no to that?
Not only is this recipe delicious but it’s also easy to make. The ingredients are healthy when you are on a diet and are low carbohydrate and fat burning. These chocolate avocado truffles will have you reaching for more all the while being rich in fiber, healthy fats and antioxidants.
This is a modified recipe from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Chocolate Avocado Truffles
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Yield: Makes 10-12 truffles
- 1 avocado
- ¾ cup dark chocolate
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoon of cacao powder to coat
- 10-15 drops of stevia
- Melt dark chocolate slowly.
- In a different bowl, mash avocado. When the chocolate is melted, combine it with the mashed avocado and stir them together. Then add in the vanilla, cinnamon and stevia.
- When this is combined and free of clumps, place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. When cooled and hardened, scoop it into 10-12 balls and roll them until they are smooth.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder and serve.
- Place any leftover truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Dr. Jockers Comments
This is a fantastic dessert recipe that is low-carb, ketogenic and fat burning. The combination of avocado and dark chocolate provides healthy fats, fiber, and anti-oxidants to help the body produce good hormones that optimize your metabolism.
Stevia is our favorite natural sweetener because it is one hundred times sweeter than sugar and has no effect on blood sugar. Adding in the cinnamon gives a unique cinnamon flavor and adds in more anti-oxidants that support blood sugar signaling patterns.
This recipe is very easy to make, and your family will absolutely LOVE it and be requesting this often! Perfect for birthdays, special events and gatherings! Let us know how you enjoyed the recipe in the comments box below!
Enjoyed the delicious truffles? Then you have to try these next!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!