The Hearty Soul is pleased to offer our readers FREE Organic Cacao Powder through Thrive Market, an online grocery store that delivers organic, healthy, non-GMO foods right to your doorstep! Take advantage of this great offer today.
Let’s face it. With our busy lives, we don’t always have time to sit down and consume an entire meal. Because food is a basic need, this habit could potentially pose many threats to our health. However, if done right, having a sit-down meal is not always necessary. It’s still possible to get the nutrients you need in other – faster ways.
This filling smoothie is one example of that. Some benefits of this smoothie include:
- Keeps you feeling full, thus preventing over-eating
- Tricks your mind into thinking it’s time for dessert
- Nourishes and feeds your defeated muscles
- Energizes your mind and body
- Keeps you feeling balanced and healthy
This smoothie is full of ingredients that have much to offer your health. When blended together, you can get away with replacing one of your meals with this hearty drink instead.
Chia seeds are full of omega-3s, fiber, protein, magnesium, iron, and zinc. They contain next to zero calories and are loaded with antioxidants that protect your body from harmful free radicals that damage your cells and contribute to cancer.
Raw Cacao Powder
Cacao powder is full of antioxidants, magnesium and iron. It is the basis for making chocolate and has been known to improve heart function and alleviate stress.
Raw Maca Powder
Raw maca powder will raise your energy levels, improve your endurance and increase your libido. It is also full of minerals that help balance the hormones in your body.
Flaxseed is also a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein and lignans. Lignans are rich in antioxidants and contribute to cardiovascular health. Consuming lignans may also help reduce the risk of developing ovarian cancer.
Ceylon cinnamon helps balance blood sugar levels, adds flavor and contains less coumarin than other types of store-bought cinnamon, such as cassia or Saigon.
Raw Peanut Butter (or any nut butter)
Peanut butter is a good source of protein. Consuming just one tablespoon of peanut butter can help curb your appetite and sugar cravings, helping with your weight-loss goals.
Bananas are rich in potassium, which can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
This leafy green is extremely beneficial to your health. Spinach is rich in vitamins A and K, and has anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting properties.
Otherwise known as nature’s candy, medjool dates add natural sweetness without being so high on the glycemic index, thus they won’t raise your blood sugar levels like table sugar would.
Energizing Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Cook time: None
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 banana, frozen
- 2 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I love sunflower butter too)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 heaping teaspoon maca powder
- 1/4 teaspoon saigon cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk, or any nut milk (or more for your preferred consistency)
- handful of ice
- molasses, to drizzle
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend away, until smooth.
- With a spoon, drizzle molasses on the inside of your glass or mason jar, pour the smoothie in the jar. Drizzle with extra molasses on top and raw cacao nibs for a chocolate crunch!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes