Breaking news: we’re revolutionizing chocolate cake. As doctors and heath aficionados seem to have blacklisted egg, flour, and sugar from the-cake-making-kitchen, we thought it best to have a healthy alternative available. Instead, this “Coffee-Chocolate Vegan Cake with Chocolate Mascarpone Cheese Icing” recipe uses quinoa, millet, and buckwheat to make a filling a nutritious flour, alongside a flaxseed egg.
This vegan cake recipe doesn’t sacrifice flavor. We use the sweetness of maple syrup, the richness of coconut oil, and the freshness of lemon juice to make a delicious cake that vegans, health nuts, and regular sugar addicts will enjoy.
The Chocolate Mascarpone Cheese Icing is sugar-free yet still, has a sweet and delicious flavor to satisfy the most dominant cravings.
While the recipe can be slightly more challenging than the easy water-and-mix-out-of-the-box baker, we’ve broken it down so anyone, who wants to can do it.
The Vegan Cake Recipe: Coffee Chocolate Cake
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
For The Cake:
- 2/3 cup (80g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (30g) millet flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Four tsp espresso beans
- 2 tbsp water + 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup (roughly) (60g) cocoa butter
- 1/3 cup (65g) coconut oil
- One apple (175g)
- 1/2 zucchini (100g)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) real maple syrup
- 2 tsp water
- One tsp apple cider vinegar
For the frosting:
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk (not “Lite”)
- 6 tbsp cashew butter
- 9 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 ½ Tblsp fresh lemon juice
Preparing The Chocolate Mascarpone Cheese Icing, and The Cake
- Boil 1 inch of water in a wide skillet
- Reduce to medium-low to bring the water to a simmer
The Coconut Cream
- Mix coconut milk, cacao powder, and cashew butter using a blender or processor
- Pour into a heat resistant bowl
- Put the heat resistant bowl into the simmering skillet
- Stir often until it bubbles consistently (20-25 minutes)
- Add the lemon juice to the cream as it becomes thicker
- Take the bowl out and let it cool for 20 minutes
Making Mascarpone Cheese Icing
- Line a sieve or flat strainer with four layers of dampened cheesecloth
- Cover a bowl with the cheese-cloth-sieve
- Slowly pour the coconut cream into the cheese cloth
- Let it drip slowly
- Once it has gone through the sieve and cooled cover with plastic wrap
- Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours
- Preheat Bake to 375° F
The Flax “Egg”
- Add 1tbsp of flax seeds
- 2tbsp of water into a bowl.
- Stir until it turns into a gel.
The Vegan Cake Flour
- Mix 2/3 cups of cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl,
- ¼ cup of quinoa powder,
- ¼ millet powder,
- ¼ buckwheat powder,
- Add ½ tsp baking powder,
- Pour ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda,
- Give it a ½ tsp sea salt.
- Four tsp of espresso beans
The Oil mixture
- Pour coconut oil and cocoa butter into a pan on low heat for a couple of minutes to turn it into liquid.
The Apple Liquid
- Core your apple, and toss it into the blender.
- Pour your oil mixture
- Add ½ cup of the courgette
- Pour 2tsp of water
- Spoon 1tsp of apple cider
- Drizzle ½ cup of real maple syrup
- Blend until smooth
- Get the vegan cake flour and its mixing bowl
- Pour half of the apple liquid into the bowl
- Then the flax “egg”
- Fold and stir the ingredients together with a spatula
- Add the remaining apple liquid
- Stir and fold it all together to make a delicious cake batter
The Vegan Cake
- Pour the batter into two separate round-6-inch cake tins.
- Bake each for 35-40 minutes
Putting it together:
- Once the cakes have cooled remove them from their tins and place on a plate
- Spread the icing on top of one of the cakes until smooth
- Sandwich the cakes together
- Then spread more icing on top of the cake and around the sides with any remaining icing
All this hard work will be worth it, as it serves 10-12 people, or just you 10 – 12 times depending on how big you like your slices.
Other delicious recipes you may like:
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!