These Coconut Almond Joy’s are like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, but much healthier and void of all the sugar. This delicious snack is packed with nutritious ingredients that will permit you to reach for seconds without having to think twice about it.
The hero ingredient in this recipe is without a doubt coconut butter. Coconut butter contains meat from coconut, unlike coconut oil. Coconut meat is a rich source of fiber and thus, it is more filling . Fiber also aids the digestion process and promotes healthy bowel movements. Moreover, coconut meat is a good source of the minerals manganese, potassium, and copper, which support the immune system, muscle growth and production of red blood cells respectively .
To learn how to make your own coconut butter, click here.
Almonds are an extremely healthy nut. They are loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from free radical damage that could otherwise lead to disease like cancer . Almonds are also high in Vitamin E, which contributes to skin health. In addition, adding almonds to your diet can help lower blood sugar levels .
Furthermore, eating almonds can aid with weight loss as they give you the feeling of fullness and curb appetite.
Who says chocolate has to be bad for you? While most milk chocolate products which tend to be high in refined sugars probably are, dark chocolate is made from the seed of a cocoa tree and can actually benefit your health .
Like almonds, dark chocolate is a powerful source of antioxidants. Eating dark chocolate can also improve blood flow and reduce the risk of heart disease .
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
Additionally, if you’re not a fan of sunscreen, dark chocolate may be the solution you need. The flavonols in dark chocolate can protect against sun damage. According to Authority Nutrition, “The minimal erythemal dose (MED) is the minimum amount of UVB rays required to cause redness in the skin, 24 hours after exposure. In one study of 30 people, the MED more than doubled after consuming dark chocolate high in flavanols for 12 weeks.” 
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at draxe.com .
Coconut Almond Joy’s Recipe
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1/2-3/4 cup raw almonds
- 4 dark chocolate bars, minimum 72% cacao (3 oz bars)
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- Line a mini cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Place 2-4 almonds in each liner.
- Warm coconut butter in a pan over medium heat and spoon onto almonds (a tablespoon at a time).
- Melt chocolate bars in a separate pan and spoon on top of coconut butter. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and place pan in freezer to harden.
1. Thompson, L. (2013, August 16). Health Nutrition Benefits of Raw Coconut Meat. Retrieved September 12, 2016 from http://www.livestrong.com/article/352244-health-nutrition-benefits-of-raw-coconut-meat/
2. Leech, J. (n.d.). 9 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Almonds. Retrieved September 12, 2016 from https://authoritynutrition.com/9-proven-benefits-of-almonds/
3. Gunnars, K. (n.d.). 7 Proven Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate. Retrieved September 12, 2016 from https://authoritynutrition.com/7-health-benefits-dark-chocolate/
4. Axe, J. (n.d.). Coconut Almond Joy’s Recipe. Retrieved September 8, 2016 from https://draxe.com/recipe/coconut-almond-joys/
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!