If you’re like me, you understand why I never buy yogurt from the grocery stores. I never seem to be satisfied with the lack of nutrients or the lack taste. Yogurt is a delicious snack that I always resort to in the morning or even when I am at work. I replace it as dessert when I’m craving something sweet and you can add so much to it to make it taste completely different than the last time you ate it.
As you can tell I love yogurt and eat it any time I can. I love that it is a healthy snack that I am never bored with. This is a fantastic way to enjoy yogurt as much as I do with this DIY Coconut Cashew yogurt.
Coconuts are packed with antioxidants that can fight off toxins in your body. Cashews help your cardiovascular system strengthening your blood flow and lower your blood pressure. This is a kind of yogurt with benefits that you can’t find at the grocery store. So stop looking for that yogurt that you are craving and just make it at home. If you own a yourt maker this is easy and if you don’t you are in luck as we have another easy way!
Republished with permission from youngandraw.com.
DIY Coconut Cashew Yogurt
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Prep time: 8-12 hours
Cook time: None
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 cups water (filtered, distilled or coconut water)
- 1 cup coconut meat, fresh or frozen (no additives)
- 1 Tbsp sweetener (sweetener must be sugar based, such as maple syrup, to feed the fermentation. No stevia or monk fruit extract allowed)
- 2 probiotic capsules (lactobacillus works best)
- Ensure all your tools are very clean before making yogurt.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients until very smooth.
- Pour coconut-cashew mixture into yogurt maker. Ferment for 8-12 hours.
- Chill in refrigerator.
If you don’t have a yogurt maker:
- Make sure all your tools are very clean before use.
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, blend cashews, water, coconut, probiotics (or culture) and sweetener and blend until smooth.
- Pour yogurt into your yogurt containers, and prepare to incubate using the method of your choice. Allow to incubate for about 6 to 12 hours. Yogurt will thicken slightly after it cools.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Alternative Incubation Methods:
- Add yogurt into sterilized mason jars. Place jars into a small cooler. Fill cooler with hot tap water (the ideal temperature is 120 to 125F) until jars are submerged but not floating. Close the lid and leave for 6 to 12 hours.
- Add yogurt to sterilized mason jars. Wrap jars with two kitchen towels, covering entire jars (top and sides) and leave in a warm place for 6 to 12 hours.
- Add yogurt to sterilized mason jars. Place jars in a roasting pan and place 1 cup of hot water in pan. Cover with a kitchen towel. Place in an oven (that is turned off!!) with the light on. Leave for 6 to 12 hours.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!