This article is shared with permission from our friends at drjockers.com.
I am always looking for ways to get more turmeric and more coconut fats into my system. This may be my all-time favorite way!
This is a ketogenic recipe in that it is extremely low-carb, is full of healthy fats and has tons of antioxidants and coconut fibers which are a natural prebiotic. The good fats and fibers will provide satiety to where you will not have sugar cravings and they will reduce inflammation and improve digestive function.
Why Substitute With Turmeric?
Turmeric is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant rich herbs known to man. Its primary component curcumin is known to improve brain function and protect the body from a myriad of chronic diseases.
Mixing it with good fats such as coconut or grass-fed butter in this recipe as well as black pepper (which contains a curcumin activator called peperine) helps to maximize the overall utilization of the curcuminoids.
A note about turmeric from The Hearty Soul!
Turmeric is notoriously difficult to absorb:
Even if you take it with fats (like you should be!) you’re still probably getting only part of the effect. You may even be wasting time and money by allowing most of your Turmeric to just pass through your body unabsorbed!
That’s why we found this organic Turmeric Extract that’s specially formulated with fats already found in your cells, making it at least 20 times easier to absorb directly into your body than any other Turmeric supplement!
And today they’re offering you a stellar deal: you can get this super-powered Turmeric Extract shipped right to your door for as much as 33% off!
You can get this awesome extract and this great deal HERE. (Do it ASAP though, they told us they only have a few bottles left and word is spreading FAST, so they might even run out today!)
Other Health Benefits
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Some other ingredient highlights in this recipe include coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Coconut oil is packed with fatty acids that reduce appetite which can lead to weight loss. These medium chain fatty acids also boost energy and can help improve cholesterol.
- Coconut itself has been proven to help our brain health which is extremely beneficial to those with neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s. Eating coconut can protect your heart from disease and stroke. It is packed with vitamin A, E, polyphenols and phytosterols which are extremely beneficial for cholesterol.
- Raw lemon juice is extremely beneficial because it is packed with antioxidants and has many cancer fighting properties. Raw lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C which is essential for our immune system.
- Raw Lemons are viewed as a blood purifier because they fight out toxins in our bloodstream. Drinking raw lemon juice lowers your blood sugar even when you are eating.
- Raw lemon juice is great for weight loss because of its fiber content, which helps us feel full and satisfied.
You will notice that your skin will feel softer and you will have incredible energy, less bodily pain and improved mental clarity after consuming these on a regular basis. Enjoy!
Turmeric Coconut Cream Cups
This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
To watch how it’s made, check out this video:
Prep time: 15 – 20 minutes
Freeze time: 20 minutes
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup Coconut Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter or ghee
- Pinch of black pepper
- 20-25 drops Stevia extract optional
- Melt butter or ghee on low and mix in the turmeric and black pepper- stir until well combined. This makes a turmeric liquid
- Place shredded coconut, coconut butter, coconut oil, lemon juice and stevia into a food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Use spoon to scoop out about 2 tbsps worth of coconut mixture and place into silicone or regular muffin liners.
- Once all your muffins liners are filled, melt butter or ghee and mix in spices.
- Use a spoon again to scoop out about 1 tablespoon of turmeric liquid and pour onto your coconut cups until the coconut is completely covered. Repeat on all your coconut cups.
- Place in freezer for about 20 minutes or until coconut is frozen.
- Keep in fridge.
Notes: Can also use 2 tablespoons of raw, local honey or grade B maple syrup or 1 tbsp of xylitol if you don’t want to use stevia.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!