Things are often really busy in my life so I am constantly looking for quick snack ideas that I can grab on the go, especially when I’m heading out the door to yoga. I find that having a quick snack about 30 minutes before yoga helps boost my energy levels for a great class. Yogi Date Balls are one of my favourite snacks because they are easy to make ahead of time, store in the freezer and then grab as I’m running out the door.
Yogi Date Balls are naturally sweetened with dates and full of delicious and nutritious seeds and nuts. They are packed with protein and fibre to give you fuel throughout your practice. The best part is you can make them in less than ten minutes with ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry! They are raw so there is no baking required and the nutrients in the ingredients will stay intact.
Prep time: 10 minutes or less
Optional chill time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 12 large balls
- 2 cups (roughly 250g) pitted dates
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp warm water
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp chopped almonds
- Place dates and warm water in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Scoop the creamed dates into a bowl and fold in the remaining ingredients, with the exception of ½ cup coconut flakes. If the mixture is soggy then slowly add more oats, if the mixture is too dry slowly add warm water.
- Shape balls between 3 to 4 cm in diameter and roll them in the reserved ½ cup coconut.
- Enjoy right away or place on a baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes to set. Enjoy straight out of the freezer for a quick pre yoga energy boost.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.