This article was reposted with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
I make pancakes all the time, but for some reason never think to make waffles. The other day I saw my waffle maker sitting by its lonesome self in the corner of the pantry with a hefty pile of dust and decided to pull it out and give it some love. It’s good to mix things up every once in a while.
What better way to give it some love than by making healthy Banana Coconut Flour Waffles?
Why Make Banana Coconut Flour Waffles?
Love coconut flour recipes? Get our free coconut flour recipe cookbook here!
Confession: These are probably the easiest waffles I’ve ever made. Just toss all the ingredients in the blender, and you are in waffle-making business.
With just six healthy ingredients and no sugar added, I especially love the natural sweetness from the bananas and cinnamon in these.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Healthy, Dairy Free, Gluten Free Waffles the Whole Family can Love
In the recipe, you will see some notes about the temperature and flipping the waffles. The batter is light and, therefore, makes fluffy waffles. It’s best to cook these at a low temperature, so they don’t cook too quickly. I have a “high-tech” waffle maker and can adjust the temperature, but if you don’t, then don’t preheat your waffle maker. Instead, add the batter to it a few seconds after you turn it on. That way it won’t be sizzling hot when the batter gets there. On a side note, this batter works as pancakes too.
Once you’ve cooked up your goodies, top with fresh fruit and whipped coconut cream!
Banana Coconut Flour Waffles
Recipe by: Megan Olson
These light and fluffy Paleo Banana Coconut Waffles are dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free and naturally sweetened.
Total Time: 15 MINS
Serves: 2 waffles
Cook Time: 10 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
- 3 large eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil for greasing the waffle maker
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend on high until bananas are fully broken down, and the batter is smooth.
- Scrape the sides down then blend a few more seconds to combine.
- Heat waffle maker to medium-low. If yours doesn’t have a temperature gauge, just heat it to its normal temperature.
- Pour half the batter into the waffle maker. Close and cook 5 minutes until browned. Note: if your waffle maker has a flip, you can flip it after 2 ½ minutes then flip it back when it’s done.
- Open lid, gently remove the waffle (a fork works best here) and transfer to a plate.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruit and coconut cream. These also store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Powdered Coconut Sugar (Optional)
But is it really optional? You’ll love this waffle topper! All you need is 2 ingredients:
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
From here it’s quite simple, but you’ll need a blender or coffee grinder handy.
- Combine and place the dry contents in your grinder, then tighten it shut
- Start blending on a low speed and gradually increase the speed
- Pulse it every 20-30 seconds for about 3 minutes (this should powder the dry mixture nicely)
- Let the powdered coconut sugar settle for 1 minute, then pour it into your desired container
- Store in a cool, dry place until you make waffles next!
If you enjoyed those delicious waffles, you HAVE to give these recipes a try!
- 8 of The Best Healthy Gluten Free Pancakes
- 2 Ingredient Banana Pancake
- 3 Ingredient Grain Free Waffle
Powdered Coconut Sugar Recipe: http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2011/11/how-to-make-powdered-coconut-sugar.html
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!