This article is shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
Whisk your senses away with the sweet flavors of pineapple over juicy grilled chicken.
When summer rolls around, grilled fruit is a delicious way to upgrade any meat dish. In this recipe, you’ll be grilling pineapple slices next to chicken marinated in a mouthwatering, sticky-sweet glaze. The combination makes for the perfect sweet and savory dish!
The marinade has six simple ingredients found in every primal pantry. Coconut aminos—the Paleo answer to soy sauce—are full of amino acids and minerals. Coconut aminos is a great substitute to soy sauce and adds that signature umami flavor without the soy. You’ll also be using coconut sugar to sweeten the marinade with a rich molasses flavor. To tenderize the meat, apple cider vinegar is added and whisked together with extra virgin olive oil, garlic and cayenne pepper (for a spicy kick). You’ll use this marinade to glaze both the chicken and the pineapple, so make sure to reserve half of the mixture.
When ready to cook, preheat the grill to 400°F over direct heat. Place chicken on the grill and cook 10 minutes. While the chicken cooks, baste pineapple rings with marinade and place next to chicken. Grill pineapple for 3 minutes on each side. Flip chicken and brush with reserved marinade. Grill for 10 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken with grilled pineapple rings on top. To finish it all off, garnish everything with chopped cilantro. This is a great herb to brighten any savory dish!
Get your Free copy of The Complete Ketogenic Diet For Beginners
Learn how you can lose weight and keep it off while eating your favourite foods like Pizza & Mac and cheese!
For more great grilling recipes, try one of these summer favorites…
- Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
- Mahi Mahi with Mango Jalapeño Salsa
- Grilled Fruit Salad with Coconut Cream
Grilled Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken
Whisk your senses away with the sweet flavors grilled pineapple chicken.
Recipe by: Jennafer Ashley
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Shallow dish
- Basting brush
For the Chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 pineapple rings
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
For the Marinade/Glaze:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Whisk together ingredients for marinade and divide in half. Pour half of marinade into a shallow dish.
- Add chicken breasts and swish around to coat. Marinate at least 2 hours but no longer than 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to 400°F. Remove chicken breast from marinade and place on grill. Grill 10 minutes.
- Brush pineapple rings with reserved marinade and place on grill. Cook 3 minutes each side.
- Flip chicken and use remaining marinade to baste. Cook chicken 10 minutes longer. Remove from grill.
- Serve chicken with pineapple rings and garnish with chopped cilantro.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 76 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel....all while you enjoy your favourite foods like pizza!!!!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!