Sometimes supplements for your dog can be a bit confusing. You’re probably thinking don’t they get what they need from their food? Well, not necessarily. Many of the major dog food brands on the market contain low-quality meats and fillers. Just as it is for humans, when dogs consume foods that offer little to no nutritional value, their bodies and health will be compromised. This is why many of our pets need some extra help maintaining their inner strength.
Don’t worry! There are a variety of oils we can give to them. While giving dogs fish oil has been pretty successful, coconut oil seems to be the best and offers the most natural health benefits. Coconut oil offers so many benefits and boasts a broad list of uses—from cooking to treating toenail fungus—but it surprisingly does a lot for dogs too.
Why is coconut oil so great?
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
The thing about coconut oil is that regardless of it being eaten or applied topically, it works well for such a huge variety of things. It consists of over 90% saturated fats and contains a high amount of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) called lauric acid, capric acid, and caprylic acid, among others. While these three main fatty acids each have their own realm of benefits, they work together to give coconut oil its antimicrobial properties. This is why, when it’s applied to the skin, coconut oil can also prevent microbial infections. Coconut oil is also so full of protein which helps keep skin, hair and fur strong, internally and externally. Proteins from the oil mend damaged cells and guarantee healthy tissue development rates.
15 uses for dogs
Coconut oil is safe and 100% natural supplement for animals. Though the recommended dosage for animals is 1/4 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of body weight twice daily, you should always check with your veterinarian before trying something new.
Below are 15 useful coconut oil tips for all pet owners:
- It aids healing of digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis.
- Coconut oil helps with arthritis or ligament problems.
- It aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing.
- This oil promotes the healing when applied topically to cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
- It clears up skin conditions such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin. Just apply it topically to the affected area of skin every day until it clears up. Dogs will be dogs, so when they lick it off, just re-apply it as needed. It’s healthy and wont harm them in any way!
- Coconut oil disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing when applied topically.
- The oil is great for both dogs’ and cats’ general wellness. Just adding a teaspoon to their water bowl daily will help prevent or control diabetes.
- It helps sedentary dogs feel energetic! The MCTs have been shown to improve brain energy metabolism and decrease the amyloid protein buildup that results in brain lesions in older dogs.
- It helps reduce weight an increase energy.
- It improves digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Just as it helps with human hair strengthening, coconut oil makes dog coats becomes sleek and glossy, and deodorizes doggy odor. Just rub some a small amount through their fur and either leave it in or wash it off during bath time.
- It prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections including candida.
- It reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health.
- It reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs.
- It regulates and balance insulin and promotes normal thyroid function.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!