If you are a pet parent, you would agree that nothing matters more than the happiness and comfort of our pets. At one point or another, a pet parent would be caught doing certain things that might be considered a little…extreme. Whether it’s that expensive sweater or strikingly cute collar, we dote on our pets without a care in the world. Well, Betsy Redfern is no different from any of us. She loves her dog and has gone out of her way to make the pooch comfortable.
When Betsy Redfern, 20, moved to college, she wanted nothing more than her best friend since third grade – her 12-year-old Chihuahua – by her side. Knowing that her dorm would be uncomfortable for Cupid, Betsy waited until she could get a place of her own. After her freshman year, she rented her apartment and was able to bring Cupid to school with her.
“When I moved to college, my freshman year was very hard because I lived in the dorms and was constantly getting homesick,” she said. “After my freshman year, I was able to get an apartment and bring Cupid to school with me!”
“The apartment happened to have a master bedroom, so it had two closets. I didn’t need the second closet but needed somewhere to keep Cupid. So I decided to give Cupid a little space of his own and decorate it for him. He shares his room with my 5-year-old turtle, Caru,” said Betsy .
The most adorable dog-room you’ve ever seen
In anticipation of his arrival, Betsy created a stunning room for her dog. Drawing a little inspiration from her own room, she transformed her spare closet into a warm space for Cupid. The room features a repainted 4-post bed, a cozy rug, a rack for his clothes, a nameplate, blankets, and a bucket of toys. The linen and color palettes were made to complement her bedroom.
“I decided to repaint the old bed I got from Santa Claus years ago and use it for Cupid. His linens were made to match my bed covers and skirt, and were sewn by my mom,” said Betsy .
While decorating her apartment, she decided to give Cupid a feel of the festive season by buying a tree and ornaments at Target.
“I found the tree and the star-topper at Dollar Tree and the ornaments at Target. I think it cost at most $15 for me to do! It was so cute!” she said .
Cupid’s room serves a practical use
While Cupid’s room is super adorable, it also serves a practical use. Betsy admits that the little gate in front of Cupid’s room keeps the dog safe when she is away on campus. This, in turn, gives her peace of mind. According to Betsy: “Cupid’s room has been so great because I am able to put a baby gate up and keep him in there when I go to class so I know he is safe and cozy,” .
Cupid is one lucky dog. Even I don’t have a room this cute.
- This Girl Turned Her Spare Closet Into a Doggie Bedroom, and Wow, When Can We Move In?. Pop Sugar. Murphy Moroney. https://www.popsugar.com/family/College-Student-Turns-Closet-Bedroom-Dog-44458473/amp. Accessed 05-02-2020.
- Student Turns Her Closet Into An Adorable Bedroom For Her Senior Dog. The Animal Rescue Site Blog. Anastasia Arellano. https://blog.theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/dog-bedroom-closet/. Accessed 05-02-2020.
- College Student Makes a Mini Bedroom out of a Closet for her Dog. Wimp. Jennifer Sako. https://stories.wimp.com/college-student-makes-a-mini-bedroom-out-of-a-closet-for-her-dog/ Accessed 05-02-2020.
- College Student Turns Her Closet Into A Bedroom For Her Senior Dog. Cesar’s Way. Admin. https://www.cesarsway.com/college-student-turns-her-closet-into-a-bedroom-for-her-senior-dog/. Accessed 05-02-2020.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes